Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I wonder how many pit tickets there are per city. The pit looks pretty small (but wide) at most of these venues, which I'm happy about, so maybe 1000 per city?

Regardless, I'm hoping having such a small GA means there won't be a bad vantage point on the field, and it'll feel like a more intimate show. Plus the catwalk is a nice touch.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

These rolling presales are always such a nightmare. After all the nonsense with pre-orders and mailing lists, it was the Amex Presale that got me PIT (definitely get approved for an Amex card if you can kids). $270 for GA Pit is...pushing it but seems to be about the market rate for this show so is what it is. I've never bought a ticket for something so far in advance so I imagine there will be a LOT of reselling since people's plans will change. Also odd that the entire floor isn't a pit but I guess that allows them to sell expensive VIP packages with a guaranteed close seat.

3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Jesus Christ that presale was stressful. I added tickets to my cart and the moment I checked out I got an error message and booted out. Had to go back in and wait behind 1000+ people, but I somehow managed to score 4 of the cheap $30 tickets, and that’s perfectly fine with me. I’d rather see the show from afar than miss it altogether*

*and no one in my party got back to me on what seats they wanted, so they can suck it up

Also, only specific seats are available depending on what presale code you had. When I tried checking out the first time, Ticketmaster glitched and instead showing me mailing list presale seats, it showed me American Express presale seats, which is why I got that error message, I believe. So keep that in mind when you get tickets today

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I posted ticket prices for Fenway, but I wonder if Friday has cheaper seats? I doubt it :/

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm trying to do Chicago & Denver. Going to try again for Chicago on Friday to see if I can get GA. I had issues with the Ticketmaster queue for the Denver show and had to start over, but still managed to get a pit ticket no problem for that show. $214 with fees.

6. Kelsey

Regular

Ended up with pit for Detroit and Pittsburgh today. Had a lot of glitches with the presale but glad it worked Pitt. Want to get Chicago and maybe another weekend date on Friday

7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Y'all, is there a difference between "Platinum" Tickets and other ones?

I thought it was just a price classification of the best seats, but Pit Tickets (that I bought for $175 this morning) are now $275 Platinum Tickets, which makes no sense. Why are the same tickets $100 more now?

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

There is no difference. It’s just another Ticketmaster technique to get more money.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. Cgarnsay

Trusted

This...

10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

The pit tickets (or if a seated show, the front area) for the nearest Amphitheater to me are always those stupid platinum tickets and they cost between anywhere between $100-$300 depending on who’s playing. It’s outrageous

11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

No luck getting pit for NY but got two for me and my best buddy for the Philly show! So excited even though it's a year away!

Honestly torn on trying to get tix for other shows or waiting to see if Green Day announce club shows.

12. Iain

Regular

Amex Presale for anyone in UK that has an amex card. Not publicised they had one. Just got my tix there for Glasgow.

13. mattav152 Sep 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2019)
    mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Fenway prices are bonkers, noooooo thanks

14. JamesSparrow

More specifically, they look for areas that a lot of people are buying tickets and raise them cause they're "in-demand" and want to "combat high scalper prices" by making it seem it's still a good deal.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  15. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Does anyone know if the VIP packages include seating/standing in a better location...or are they basically regular tickets with loads of additional tat?

16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

All the VIP Tix at my date are GA or the first 3 rows of seats.

dvdjmskng likes this.
  17. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

maaannnnn those ticketmaster fees.
    imma go to the box office this weekend and hope i can snag 60$ seats rather than paying 30$+25$ fees.

... or just 30$ tix.

18. Xpertguy5

Trusted

It says it comes with merch and VIP Entrance but not clear on if its early entry or not

19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Is there moshing/circle pits/crowd surfing at Green Day shows still? How about Fall Out Boy's GA performances?

20. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Last time I saw green day in 2017, there was moshing and crowdsurfers. Can't speak for FOB since they haven't had GA in years other than at festivals

21. Oddjob

wow this big tour costs a lot of money its in stadiums do u think fob and gd play cork tree and dookie front to back

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yes that is the plan

Oddjob likes this.
  23. Tifoil

ñ

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

25. Tifoil

ñ

As Green Day was rehearsing Dookie last year, I though there would be a chance, oh well!