Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer 2020 tour Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by emojedi, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Stadium shows just seem like such shitty viewing opportunities if you're not on the field.

domotime2 and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  2. TMS2787

Trusted

I’ll second this. I went to the first On The Run Tour (Jay-Z and Beyonce) in Cincinnati years ago. I bought tickets and I thought: “Oh man! We’re going to have such awesome seats!” Because it was the section closest to the stage and its mid-section. So we sit down and it's still pretty far from the stage. But the worst part was the foul pole was directly in front of our faces. The ticket didn’t state that. I believe it should have before I bought them. I was so bummed because I’m a huge Jay-Z fan and my girlfriend was excited to see Beyoncé. We still had a great time though.

I went to a few other stadium shows after that: I had field for U2, I didn’t get in super early and was a bit in front of the soundboard, I felt really far away. The only other stadium show (I think) I’ve been too was One The Run 2 and I was in the nose bleeds but had a full view of the stage.

3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

That’s weird, usually the ticket site states that the seat(s) has an obstructed view so people buy with caution. Sometimes they even discount the ticket(s) too

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone on Reddit is arguing with me that this tour (at least in Chicago) is big enough to play a football stadium (Soldier Field) and I say that all three bands combined aren’t big enough for this to hit football stadiums. Am I wrong about this?

Brent likes this.
  5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I thought there was a possibility this could be at Soldier Field when the rumors first started up. Not sure if they would fill it completely, but I think it would do well enough.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I just don’t think all three combined are as big as say, Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran or Beyoncé are. I think if they have to add a second date at Wrigley I’ll eat my words, but for now I’m not sure it would do well at Soldier Field.

Brent and Daniel182 like this.
  7. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Green Day sold out Wrigley as the headliner in 2017 (with Catfish & The Bottlemen). Adding a hometown Fall Out Boy and suddenly popular again Weezer to this might be ambitious for Soldier Field, but doesn’t really feel impossible with a year to build for.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  8. TMS2787

Trusted

Yes, I know that Ticketmaster or whatever outlet will usually note they are obstructed view but it didn’t and it was annoying and it certainly wasn’t any cheaper. The entire row wasn’t inline with the foul pole… just the seats we happened to be in and the few on both sides of us. Such as life.

9. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I don't think this would sell out Soldier Field, but I wouldn't be surprised if this got pretty close to, if not fully, selling out Wrigley.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I definitely think this could've down football stadiums in some of the larger markets. In LA, Green Day actually headlined the Rose Bowl on their own in 2017 (I think an 85,000 capacity), while on this tour they're doing dodgers stadium which is only 56,000 capacity.

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

No, the person you're arguing with is an idiot and has no idea what draw these bands have in 2019. Unless you're Taylor Swift or Beyonce, you're gonna struggle to fill football stadiums.

12. Phil507

From what I saw of that, the Rose Bowl was only using like....3/5 of the place (Stage pushed up). I'm sure it was decently full but imagine they had to paper a lot of the seats.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah that makes sense. I guess the demand for this tour will all come down to the success of the 3 bands' new albums. Green Day went from filling Giants Stadium in 2006 to barely selling out Barclays Center in 2017.
    Fall Out Boy and Weezer do arenas but they're never really instant sellouts, and they usually have a strong support act to help them with sales. I think baseball stadiums are perfect for this in most markets.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also, I feel like Rivers has always aspired for Weezer to be a stadium act, and I can only imagine the over the top, pyro/firework filled production they're gonna bring. I'm most excited to see their set.

15. m32137

Regular

The two Florida shows are both in football stadiums (Dolphins and Jaguars). No seating charts are out for those, yet so we'll see how much of the stadiums are actually used.

16. j0hnnyb0i

i signed up for all 3 bands mailing list provided thru each bands twitter accounts still haven’t received any presale codes in my email should i be concerned?

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Sign up for this, then confirm your subscription in your email and you should get your code immediately Tour Pre-Sale Sign-Up | Fall Out Boy

18. Phil507

I've signed up for all these bands mailing lists multiple times within the past decade or so yet still don't have any code. Maybe they don't go out until tomorrow.

19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Use the link above.

20. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Check your spam and other folders

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

22. Phil507

Yup, tried that one too. I think there's an Amex presale as well. Regardless, feel like I'll end up shelling out a fair amount of money for this second-hand.

23. Phil507

If you watch the Billboard interview, Rivers noted they showed up for a radio festival to realize they were opening for Fall Out Boy which, to him, indicated it was time to get a new manager. I wonder if there is some minor resentment on the Weezer side that they’re playing before Fall Out Boy.

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Given that all 3 bands basically have the same managers now, no.

Brent likes this.
  25. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Pit looks really small in Philly.