Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day / Catfish And The Bottlemen Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 9, 2017.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Green Day is on the biggest bands in the world. They deserve to play Wrigley.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, maybe you're right. I *believe* Green Day has sold more albums, but Foo's and PJ just seem bigger? I don't know, but they are one of the younger legacy acts so they fit.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's important to note that the ticket prices are a good amount cheaper than normal wrigley. I think the nosebleeds are like $25 someone posted in here (so $45 after fees even), compared to $65 before fees when I saw billy Joel. That'll help. I have a bunch of friends who don't go to many concerts and aren't that in to punk/rock/alt or whatever you wanna call Green Day who said they were interested in going if there were reasonable tickets. Plus being at Wrigley kind of just gives it a bump and makes it a little more appealing to people I think. If they market it right I think it'll at least be full, if not actually sold out.

4. Frobert

Regular

[​IMG]

kidinthebushes and Daniel182 like this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just got GA tickets for Wrigley I can't believe it. I've been trying to see Green Day for years and years, so happy it finally worked out, and when I had enough money to actually get pit tickets. Should be an awesome show.

LiveFast_DieOld and Daniel182 like this.
  6. Scott Siegel

So glad a date was announced in Austin before I bought a ticket for Houston

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    "Green Day to close out their summer North American tour with a performance at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA on Saturday, September 16th"

8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters are bigger, ticket-sales wise. As someone pointed out, these tickets are cheaper so maybe that will help fill the place.

How is the tri-state area missing out a date this summer? A lot of the other cities/areas have two dates, unless they are playing the Meadows festival in Queens?

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Green Day, Rancid, Gogol bordeello, hives, living end in UK... mother fuckers

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Beach Slang, too. That line-up is fucking insane! For a few years now, I've been talking about how I wish there was a "music/band cruise" that would be strong enough that I'd throw the money down on it... If that were a thing? I'd be all over it.

Super, super strong line-up on that one gig.

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

I'll be at the wrigley show. Got tixs for my bday and I'll be on the floor. So excited! August is going to be an expensive/busy month with this and lolla

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

Looks like Green Day's setlist last night was the same as the spring tour. Kind of a bummer since they were just here in Denver in April. Was hoping some other songs off Rev Rad would get broken out. It's not a bad setlist though, so still excited. Anyone have a Catfish setlist?

Also looks like I'll be in Chicago the day of the Wrigley show so hope I can grab tickets for that.

14. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Was there last night. Billie Joe has such stage presence and had nearly all ~17-20k people there in the palm of his hands.

Not my favorite set list, but I get why they went heavier on their best-selling albums. Still weird they include the OpIvy cover considering most in attendence were like, "who?" Anyway, the showmanship these guys bring and the big stage show really made this a memorable one. Great crowd and awesome display. Def got my $$$ worth.

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

Denver show last night was absolutely insane. My 6th time seeing Green Day but by far the best. Was 2nd row from the barricade in the pit. I cannot believe Green Day still puts on shows like this after all these years. So high energy, so much fun, great people around us in the crowd. Didn't even bother me the setlist was almost identical to when they were here 4 months ago, plus the couple changes (21 Guns especially) were welcomed. So happy they're still playing Letterbomb.

Mister Lyrical and Jackbo487 like this.
  16. domotime2

My buddy took a trip to utah as part of a vacay + see s concert. He told me had a tough time pitting. That depresses me to no end :(

17. josh-

No shit

18. domotime2

19. heaththehorizon

Regular

20. domotime2

Nah GA haha. I mean he luckily found a group to pit with, but man, that's so sad. I wish I was there to help him.

Also, Catfish as an opener probably didnt attract the best crowd.

i partially blame utah

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

We're still doing the "bro I wanna pit so hard" stuff?

Joe4th likes this.
  22. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yes we are

23. domotime2

Can't believe we've come to an era where wanting to pit green day is seen as some sort of absurd request.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  24. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Can imagine your buddy's frustration. The vast majority of people at these kind of shows just stand like statues, the only movement they make is lifting their phones in the air to take a video. Is Green Day the band to two-step or hardcore dance to? No, but pogoing and circle pits used to be commonplace and I don't see why they couldn't be now.

25. josh-

Because they're playing in a fucking amphitheater.