Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Announce New Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day have announced some new tour dates. They’re below.

09/20 St. Louis, MO The Pageant
    09/21 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
    09/23 Toronto, ON World Cup of Hockey
    09/24 Detroit, MI Fillmore
    09/26 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
    09/28 Sayreville, NJ Starland Theater
    09/29 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    10/01 Boston, MA House of Blues
    10/03 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
    10/08 New York, NY Webster Hall
    10/17 Los Angeles, CA Palladium
    10/20 Berkeley, CA UC Theatre
    01/10 Turin, Italy Pala Alpitour
    01/11 Florence, Italy Mandela Forum
    01/13 Bologna, Italy Unipol Arena
    01/14 Milan, Italy Mediolanum Forum
    01/16 Zurich, Switzerland Hallenstadion
    01/18 Manheim, Germany SAP Arena
    01/19 Berlin, Germany Mercedes Benz Arena
    01/25 Oslo, Norway Spektrum
    01/27 Stockholm, Sweden Stockholm Globe
    01/28 Malmo, Sweden Malmo Arena
    01/30 Cologne, Germany Lanxesse Arena
    01/31 Amsterdam, Holland Ziggo Dome
    02/02 Brussels, Belgium Forest National
    02/03 Paris, France Accorhotels Arena
    02/05 Leeds, UK Leeds First Direct Arena
    02/06 Manchester, UK Manchester Arena
    02/08 London, UK London The O2
    06/23 Scheeßel, Germany Hurricane Festival
    06/24 Tuttlingen, Germany Southside Festival

2. Kuri44

Are these all the dates or are they more than likely to be adding additional fall dates?

3. Tim McCall

Regular

Wow, are they doing clubs for fun or is this just where they are now?

ReiAndCoke and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I'd love to go see this tour in these venues. Only time I've seen them was Pop Disaster.

5. aniafc

Trusted

For fun.

I think it's a weird one, though. Club shows for big bands is cool, but this is their first US tour in 3 years and they're doing small shows. Just seems odd.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Fun, they fairly regularly do club shows, they'll probably do an arena tour next year

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Anyone ever been to tower theater in philly? Thoughts?

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I imagine they want to road test the new songs

Fall Out Boy also came back from a break with club shows

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  9. aniafc

Trusted

FOB is a little different. They had no clue what their reception would be when they booked the tour. Green Day knows they could hit arenas and still be fine.

Green Day does club tours every once in a while, I just thought they'd do an arena tour for their first tour back in years

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think it's...interesting. I'm not so sure they're at the level of arena tours anymore in a lot of cities, but they're obviously capable of playing way bigger than 'clubs.' I know the American Idiot tour (arguably the height of their popularity) they didn't even play an arena in Cleveland. They played Wolstein Center which holds about 14,000 AND My Chemical Romance was opening - which was a big band at the time. The Q is the main arena in Cleveland, which holds 21,000.

That was 10 years ago and they've had several underwhelming releases since then. I'm sure they'd still do arenas in bigger cities like NYC, LA, Dallas, Miami, etc and be fine.

11. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

good luck getting tickets to this. I like the idea of them playing in smaller venues but I'm sure it will be very difficult to get tickets even if you try the second they go on sale.

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping to catch them live at some point. Hopefully a bigger tour will happen in the spring.

13. abbynormal

Alex P. Keaton Official Fanclub

I'd love to see them at the pageant, but that room is tiny for a Green Day tour. I'm seriously considering coughing up the extra for Idiot Nation membership presale.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's literally been a dream of mine to see Green Day at 9:30 Club, I never thought it would actually happen.

The fact that there's no presale for that specific date and the anti-scalping measures also completely rule out Stubhub is going to have me stressed for days

15. StoJa9

Regular

Did anybody bother to click "expand" on the list? It's clubs in the US and arenas over in Europe. It's by design, according to Billie Joe. He talked about wanting to do a club tour in the US in the latest issue of Kerrang.

I sure hope so. I can't believe they'd skip Minneapolis and 1st Ave, considering all the history and connection Billie has to the area. His wife is from here, his in-laws live here, they have a second home here, he loves coming to 1st Avenue as a performer or just a patron. I hope they do add extra dates.

Kuri44 likes this.
  16. ARo24

Regular

Dammit I'm already busy that day. It would be awesome to see Green Day in a room that small.

17. ReiAndCoke

I don't know but World Cup of hockey tickets are only like 23 bucks (Canadian, and our dollar is trash). I was wondering the same thing... I really thought they were in that "legacy band" phase where they can just play arenas the rest of their lives.

18. AndrewRnR

They usually do a club tour around the release of each album. I wouldn't try to match it with their popularity - they'll do arenas/sheds for sure in the US.

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

They did like 3 clubs shows.

20. AMC

Regular

Haha definitely still one of the biggest bands in the world

21. bruinrk

Yeah...tried to get in on presale today..3 minutes in presale was sold out. Grrr

Bayside 182 likes this.
  22. Jackbo487

Regular

they do these club shows because they CAN, and like somebody else said they do it quite often...hell, even Foo Fighters routinely play clubs much smaller than they should before the massive arena/stadium tours...