Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Announce New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day will release the new song “Here Comes the Shock” on Sunday, February 21st. However, they’ll be performing the song live at this Saturday’s NHL Outdoor Games at Lake Tahoe at 3PM ET on NBC.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's a weird feeling to hear that Green Day is releasing a new song and wondering whether or not I'll find anything to like about it. FOAM had a total of two bright spots and the rest ranged from very bad to generic, heartless filler.

So seeing the name of the song and knowing that it was likely recorded around the same time? I'm not optimistic. But we'll see...

My best hope? This is a proper studio version of "State of Shock" from the trilogy-era demos record. That song is great, and I could see them recording it again as a stand-alone. Would make sense too, if they wanted to "bounce back" stylistically from FOAM...

3. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I did not really like FOAM but I am fan of the rest of their work. I hope this is a bounce back.

4. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I liked FOAMF. There are a few "meh" spots but overall I like how they are still taking risks going into their 50's and not just re-upping their branded sound to tour.