Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Announce Greatest Hits Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day have announced a new greatest hits album called God’s Favorite Band. It features two new songs and is now up for pre-order.

Track Listing

1. 2000 Light Years Away
    2. Longview
    3. Welcome To Paradise
    4. Basket Case
    5. When I Come Around
    6. She
    7. Brain Stew
    8. Hitchin’ A Ride
    9. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
    10. Minority
    11. Warning
    12. American Idiot
    13. Holiday
    14. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
    15. Wake Me Up When September Ends
    16. Know Your Enemy
    17. 21 Guns
    18. Oh Love
    19. Bang Bang
    20. Still Breathing
    21. Ordinary World (feat. Miranda Lambert)
    22. Back In The USA

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Oh lord. I've been alive long enough to see one of the bands I grew up with come out with two greatest hits CDs.

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

What's the point of greatest hits albums in the streaming era?

4. Vinyl and bundle sales I guess.

This has 10 of the previous one too, and isn't even in a fun order ... seems kinda weak.

5. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Yeah, this seems weird considering half of these songs are on International Superhits. Love the title/imagery/package items for this though. Really cool concept.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Are they close to being out of a contract? That was my first thought?

7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Wait...so they’re counting Ordinary World feat. Miranda Lambert as a “new” track?

Turkeylegz likes this.
  8. Fox83

Trusted

They should have just released an International Superhits Vol. 2 and some sort of re-release with the first collection as well.

skogsraet likes this.
  9. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Solid. I rarely find myself wanting to listen through a Green Day studio album, but I dig most of their singles, so this seems fun.

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

But if you stream you can already do that!

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I wonder how good Billie Joe's backspin slice is. If he was able to add a little sideways backspin into it I'm sure his serve would be moderately tough to hit.

12. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I wish they would have gone with 2001ish-present since the first one ended at Warning. There would be more than enough to fill up a disc and maybe have a couple extra new or rare tracks.

13. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Yeah, I was hoping for a greatest hits from 2004 to this day. And I doubt the new songs will be as cool as Maria or J.A.R..
    Eh, I guess I'll do it myself in a playlist.

truelovewaits likes this.
  14. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

A studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines is really missing here.

Essie and Turkeylegz like this.
  15. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

The order just seems chronological which may not be exciting but i like when greatest hits albums are done that way.

16. DooDooBird

Trusted

This is a much lamer Greatest Hits than International Superhits.

No JAR, which is prob my fave Green Day song ever. Not enough Insomniac or Nimrod track either. Lame.

Also, the Uno! Dos! Tre! trilogy was such a huge fucking disaster that it only produced one song to make this greatest hits cut. Amazing.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Definitely wish they would have only included songs that came out after International Superhits (there's more than enough) but I love the album art and the title is funny. Really looking forward to the new song

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

If someone told me that if i released a greatest hits album i'd make $30 i'd do it

19. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I mean...those saying they wish fewer/none songs from International Superhits were included - you are most definitely NOT the demographic for this album. Green Day’s most popular time arguably came after the 1st GH album, so of course it makes sense they’d want an updated compilation that also included the bigger older hits.

20. miltownrob

Regular Prestigious

umm, wonderful!....she smashed the radio with the board of education