Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day 2016/2017 Tour Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by slowmy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

FYI to those in NYC. The band has a whole open week from 10/1 in Boston to 10/8 in Webster Hall so.....me thinking they are going to add some extra shit in the city if not another date. Crazy busy week for shows that week in the city (Bad Religion/Against Me, Sigur Ros, Kaleo, Bastille, Meadows Music Festival, etc.)

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There's a 10/3 show in DC

3. Phil507

My bad! Well still an open 4 days between those. Can't imagine they're going to sit around fingering their rectums during that time period.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn my friend is in the fan club and missed out on getting us presale. Hopefully we can get them Friday

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully next year!

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They might! I assume they've blocked off a lot of stuff for press days and maybe some late-night stuff, but have to imagine they'll do something else.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I guess I'm gonna keep trying periodically through the day

8. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Apparently you can't reuse the code on the same date. You can use it for other dates on the tour though.

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Damn, if that's the case, does anyone have a code I can try to use to get Detroit tickets?

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Really glad some people here had luck, but I'm selfishly disappointed. Hah. Normally I'd say "Fuck it! Let's travel!" but the Boston date is literally the only one I could possibly attend (which is convenient, given my location) but...

Here's hoping for Friday! I've had some bizarre luck with tickets this year (landed GA Pit tickets to Blink-182 ~4 hours after on-sale) and hopefully it strikes again.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I missed out on Green Day tickets when they played Cleveland House Of Blues last year so I really don't want to miss them in a club again

12. Davjs

Trusted

Sounds amazing but I'm not sure if I buy if that's accurate without "Time Of Your Life" on there. Granted, I'd be cool if they dropped it but I don't think they ever will.

13. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

took a bit of searching but I nabbed tickets for the Toronto show; anyone else looking today use the ticketmaster password "TMVIP"

14. Phil507

No they didn't play it that night. Ended with "99 Revolutions".

15. heaththehorizon

Regular

What presale are you on?

16. Davjs

Trusted

That seems shocking, haven't heard of them not playing that ever. I'm all for it. Set would have been amazing.

17. Phil507

Might have been on the actual setlist, Billie Joe made a comment about them being "way off script" when they were getting into "Brat" and "Stuck With Me". I think it was due to the fact that they went on at 10 and didn't stop playing until 12:30 which is likely the venue's curfew.

18. Davjs

Trusted

I've only seen them once and it was during their 21st Cent tour and they played for what seemed like forever. That's what makes this smaller club tour so appealing, I'd love to see a 3 hour show close up lol

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I saw them at DTE on the 21st Century tour. One of the most incredible shows I've been to. Billie had a bunch of us hop on stage during a song. Getting to sing with him up there was nuts, and will always be my ultimate fanboy moment

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I just tried again and got two Chicago tickets in the presale!

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

Very nice! I tried getting LA tickets during the KROQ presale earlier and again just now with no luck.

I think in general people give up way too easily when buying tickets for high demand shows. A lot will search once and get no results, or if it's a seated show will get crummy tickets and just accept them. I keep searching over and over again, sometimes up to an hour, and reject upper level/bad tickets until I get what I want. It can be risky but it usually ends up working out for me (not for small shows like these ones though...)

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like you can still enter the promo code for DC. Did anyone here only buy one who could PM it to me? I'd be happy to send a few bucks toward the membership if it works. (And I mean someone from another city since it can't be used twice for the same show.)

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think once you enter the code, it'll tell you there are no tickets available. The code is just used to unlock the page.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My friend just got us two tickets to Columbus from the presale! I'm happy we kept trying all day! So excited

Daniel182 likes this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That's so awesome! I'm trying to keep hope alive for something like that.

Daniel182 likes this.