Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day 2016/2017 Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by slowmy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Reading the Webster Hall ticket lottery language on Ticketweb, there are 800 (out of 1400) tickets going on sale to the public. I'd imagine probably 200 for guest list/press, leaving 400 for fans for that show so....fan club probably gets around 25% of total allotment. Just my guess though.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Dog Party is opening the tour.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wasn't expecting any big name openers.

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Not the greatest opener, but could be worse... I definitely dig their latest record.

5. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Is there any way this doesn't sell out on presale tomorrow? Asking for a friend who plans to buy tickets at start time of public onsale. He doesn't go to many shows but Green Day is his favorite band and I don't want him to miss out. He will be going to the 930 Club show in DC.

6. Turkeylegz Sep 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 6, 2016)
    Turkeylegz

Trusted

There is only a certain percentage alloted for presale. Most of the tickets are released in the public sale. I hope I understood the question correctly

Edit: words haha.

7. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Sounds like he should be okay then. Thanks guys. Never been a fan of Green Day but this is pretty cool news.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  8. Daniel182

Did you end up getting your code? I joined the fan club a little over three hours ago but haven't received it yet.

9. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't sign up yet. I'm going to try again in a little while. But I would imagine that they would send the code out tomorrow morning, it would make the most sense to me.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Did you sign up for the fan club?

11. Daniel182

Yes. Still waiting to receive the code.

12. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I signed up around 1230pm eastern and got the code around 530pm.

13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

So is everyone going for pairs or singles? I'm having a crisis of conscience thinking about just letting my friend fend for himself during general sales or not, haha.

14. Daniel182

Got my code! Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Is the Toronto date at an actual venue or are they just playing that hockey game?

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

General onsale for Toronto is on Thusday and not Friday like the rest of the dates.

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Toronto is also only $25 Canadian so I would assume it's a shorter set

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

20. thisisnotbrianm Sep 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 6, 2016)
    thisisnotbrianm

Regular

People banking on their automated programs to get them the tickets. Considering the demand of this tour + credit card entry it's incredibly stupid for ANY reseller to even try to scalp for this.

I get why they do credit card entry, but it's a terrible system. I went to one show with credit card entry in my life - came down with the flu the night before, couldn't sell the ticket because of the credit card entry, ended up going just so I wouldn't be out money, and remembered that the card I bought the tickets with was eaten by an ATM a few days earlier. The whole thing was a nightmare. I can't remember how I even got in to the show, but the whole ordeal ruined the night.

I'd like to go to this tour but between travel and possible employment, I can't commit to buying tickets that I can't get rid of should issues arise.

21. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Well, I'm sure they'll use pre-paid credit cards to buy the tickets, use up the rest of the money on the card and cancel the card. Then when they meet up, they'll get paid and hand over the credit card used to purchase the tickets. It's the only logical explanation I can think of on how they'll get around this.

22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Signed up for the fan club like six hours ago so I could take advantage of the presale in two hours...still no presale code. I'm eyeing the NYC date so I know it's going to be rough getting tickets and I already emailed them. Pray for me. Haha

23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Tried signing up for the fan club again last night but it wouldn't work. Guess I'll just have to try and get tickets on Friday somehow.

24. Darth Annihilus

Regular

i just bought the fan club. It takes a REALLY long time to go through but it eventually does. Trying to do the DC date

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  25. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

It does take a really long time go through...mine just did ten minutes before pre sale goes on