Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day 2016/2017 Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by slowmy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Whoa.

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I can't decide if I should pull the trigger on the fan club membership to try to get tickets tomorrow.

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I just did it for another shot. I'm not saying this will be once in a lifetime you'll be able to see them at a small club but you never know when a show could be their last. I for one do not want to say "coulda shoulda woulda" and would rather go down swinging and missing on tickets. Plus, the membership is good for a year so if you couldn't get any tickets now, I'm sure there will be an arena tour next year that you'll have first crack at.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  4. heymattrick

Sending my love

Really hard to tell without knowing how many tickets are set aside for presale. If it's a really small number, then seems like it would be a bust. However, if they don't put a limit on the number of presale tickets available then could be a good move.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

I try to make this my philosophy now with any bands I care about. Missed enough opportunities to see bands I'll likely never get the chance to see again to have learned my lesson.

6. Behind the Barricade

I did the same thing and got burnt numerous times. Can't go back in time unfortunately.

heymattrick likes this.
  7. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Haven't been to the Tower Theatre in Philly before. Is there a pit or should I just go for Starland Ballroom?

8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Columbus is $67.50 with a two ticket limit. I need this.

domotime2 likes this.
  9. Daniel182

I agree @Behind the Barricade and @heymattrick. I think the same way about shows a lot of the time now, too. If I can find someone to split the membership with and just add $10 extra per ticket, I would easily go for it.

heymattrick likes this.
  10. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I'm having the same struggle. If I sign up and am not able to get tickets in the pre-sale, I'm going to feel like I just wasted 20 bucks.

11. Daniel182

Exactly! That's my main reason for hesitating.

12. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw TBS/The Used there a few years ago and there are two sections, one section is the pit and the other is seats which is behind the pit area, and I think there is a also seats above the floor as well. It's all general admission though so you choose whether you want to go in the pit or seats. Not sure if they changed it but that is how it was when I went

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Anybody else exceptionally anxious about getting tickets? I'm mentally preparing myself for heartache, despite having signed up to be a member of the fan club for the pre-sale. I cancelled a meeting tomorrow to be sure I can be at my desk right when the fan club tickets go on-sale.

Curious as to why they're doing a smaller run of shows this time out. I'm assuming it's to get some hype going about the album (and the band in general) after the fiasco of the last album release/touring cycle. A bigger band doing smaller gigs is bound to get more press and better reviews than a standard arena run.

But. Yeah. I've been wanting to see them in a "small" club since I was a little kid, so this... This... Fuck, am I anxious!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I signed up for the fan club when I pre-ordered the record. Same thing I did when 21CB was released. Figured it would coincide with a tour and it'd give me a good shot at tickets. And I got great seats. But that was in an ampitheater...

Of course, I forgot to activate my account until earlier this morning. So I set it up at like, 7:45am, and didn't get an e-mail with my pre-sale code until about 2pm this afternoon. If you're going to pull the trigger it might not hurt to do it sooner. I'm wondering if there was an influx of fan club registrations today just to get the pre-sales...

Anyway. Might still be worth it just to have a shot at them.

15. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I love when bigger bands do this, and I think it makes a ton of sense for Fall releases. Do some smaller club shows that you know will sell out in seconds and be fucking insane right around the time of release, do a ton of press and maybe tour some warm parts of the world in the winter, and then come back in the Spring/Summer for your massive blockbuster arena tour.

And yea, seeing them in a club setting would be a jr high dream come true for me.

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I would think a summer tour at ampitheaters is next? I hope so.... Is there an opening band, or when it says, for HOB Boston, doors open at 6:30, show starts at 8:30..... really?

17. Daniel182

HOB Chicago does that now, too. The doors open ridiculously early probably to get people in to start buying drinks.

18. Behind the Barricade

There was definitely an influx of registrations, myself being one of them haha. I just hope I get the presale code before 9am tomorrow. If not, I'll be incredibly pissed.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  19. heymattrick

Sending my love

I have never had a more thorough pat-down upon entering a venue than at HOB Chicago. Now, every pat-down I've had at shows in Chicago have been more intense than in other cities, but especially so at the House of Blues.

Daniel182 likes this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

As much as I'd like to go to this, it's so hard to find someone that can drop $75 on a ticket on two day's notice. I'll probably have to pass, unfortunately. I'm assuming they'll be doing a summer 2017 tour.

21. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Was going to give in and sign up for the fan club since I really want to go to this, but it won't work for some reason.

22. Daniel182

The same thing is happening to me right now! I caved in, but my order isn't going through.

EDIT: Mine went through. Now to wait for the presale code.

23. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I have no idea how this is going to work with them playing in the Distillery District Village in Toronto for the World Cup of Hockey... Tickets are apparently $25 but I can't imagine them playing a full 1.5 hour+ setlist outside... Makes me wish we got a club show like the other cities at Sound Academy or something

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I haven't been this excited in a long time. I feel like a giddy high schooler. This is MUST ATTEND. Fucking green day at starland!?!?!?

25. Daniel182

There is a KROQ presale tomorrow for the Hollywood Palladium show at 10 AM.

heymattrick likes this.