Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day 2016/2017 Tour Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by slowmy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Well, that was a lie. Green Day started Bohemian Rhapsody at 830.

2. Behind the Barricade

And we're done in NJ!

3. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

What an awesome show. They played about 2 hours 10 minutes. Added Boulevard and Still Breathing to the setlist tonight.

4. Behind the Barricade

Also switched She and Basket Case for those keeping track.

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Driving home from the show now!! So fun. Sooo fun. Great show.

No songs from insomniac....minus points for that.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Bummed we didn't get those

7. domotime2

haha im glad my friend showed me Still Breathing on the way down (aka Green Day's attempt at TBS song). I definitely dig it. we were the only two guys dancing to that one

pauljgreco likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I wish Insomniac wasn't ignored so often. So many great songs on there that would be great live.

9. kidblink

Regular Supporter

Phillly tonight...hope we get She. also looks like about 830- 11 they played last night...is that acurate?

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

lol come on now

11. Behind the Barricade

It was exactly 830 when Bohemian Rhapsody went on and 1040 when Good Riddance was over.

12. kidblink

Regular Supporter

awesome thank you, appreciate it

13. domotime2

14. Behind the Barricade

Of course. Last night's show was probably one of the loudest in terms of crowd singing and chanting. It kind of felt like watching the World Cup final live with 2,000 screaming fans. You're in for a treat tonight!

15. riseagainst4L

Regular

so last night was my first time seeing green day and as someone who really only knows the bigger songs I thought they put on an amazing show. Pulling kids up to sing with them and stage dive and stuff was so cool, the crowd was so loud and everyone seemed to be having a great time. For such a long set I really didn't feel bored at all which was cool although i couldve done without all the woah-oh chants billy kept starting between songs. They sounded really good and all the songs I did know sounded really tight live. Another small thing I didn't quite understand was the lack of production. I realize club tours won't get stadium production and green day may not be the type of band to go overboard with it, but they only did regular white lights for the whole set, nothing special at all. No colored lights or any light rigs that weren't the venues own house lights. Obviously lights dont make the show but a little production wouldve been cool. I was VERY pleased that starland wasnt overpacked. My girlfriend and I stood very comfortably towards the back corner of the floor and had a decent view with little to no problems with the crowd the whole night.

also, side note, dog party was probably one of the worst bands ive ever listened to. jesus christ their set was borderline embarrasing.

16. Behind the Barricade

I found it odd that they didn't have at least a backdrop but then again, they could do whatever they want. I guess they just stripped everything down and just played. Also, I walked in during the last song of Dog Party and that was a painful 30 seconds so I couldn't imagine what the whole set was like.

17. Knifeparty

I watched all of Dog Party's set. it was pretty brutal...

18. domotime2

i would say one of the few negatvies of the show was that they really didnt do ANY personalization rock talk. I know it's cheezy but i wanted ONE SENTENCE that said "man, it's so crazy we're doing a small venue like this...we almost never do this...back to our roots thing". It's a nitpick.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  19. riseagainst4L

Regular

yeah it wouldve been nice for them to recognize that but they did talk about jersey gardens which was an even smaller place so i think they were trying to ignore that theyre a stadium band and just act like they belong at starland. i also enjoyed him talking about how he still uses the guitar his mom bought him from her tip money from being a waitress.

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Am I the only one actively looking forward to Dog Party? Their new record is really great for what it is (sugary, Lookout! records sounding pop-punk/garage rock).

21. domotime2

they're not as bad as people are making them out to be. they're just a one trick pony that got kinda stale after the first 2 songs. two-piece girl band with a lot of 'la la la's'.

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to blow me away with their live show... But I dig the record. If nothing else I can enjoy singing along haha.

23. heaththehorizon

Regular

Holy crap Dog Party is terrible

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

Billie Joe changed the lyrics from "Pulverize the Eiffel Towers" to "pulverize the Trump Towers" during Holiday

25. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I was so glad they didn't oversell. I was on the floor and while of course it was rough, it was nothing like when I saw blink-182 there a few years ago. I couldn't even breath during that show it was so packed. And I thought Dog Party was okay. Some songs were good some not so good.