Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day 2016/2017 Tour Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by slowmy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Show last night was honestly incredible. Crowd and band were both great and it was just a really awesome experience

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Super pissed that the Detroit date got switched from a Saturday to a Monday. At least have the courtesy to reschedule for the same day of the week. Can't make that date, so I was going to offer to sell the tickets to someone in here at face value, but there is no ticket transfer option on this show because Ticketmaster sucks, and the only way to get the tickets is at will call. So looks like a refund for me. Awful experience on every level. Was really looking forward to this show too.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm just lucky I saved some vacation days at work so I can actually go, I'd be pissed if I had to miss it because of this.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Understand you're disappointed, but not sure what else they could have done. It's not practical to spend an entire week extra on the road with tons of off days to make up three shows when they can bang them out in short succession. Hope you can find a way to go in the end!

5. Kelsey

Regular

Last night was incredible. So thankful for the times I've been able to see them play small venues and so good to see them playing shows again. Crowd was fun too. Looking forward to the Detroit show but I think I'm gonna have to refund my tickets for Chicago because I don't think there's any way I can make it.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I mean, a Monday and a Saturday are polar opposites, and Detroit is not really a hopping city like Chicago where a lot of the people buying tickets probably live in the city. You're dealing with a lot of people who are traveling to be there. Literally any other night would have been better.

Only kind of irritated with the band, though. I understand that touring schedules are complicated and I'm mostly disappointed that they had to postpone that show in the first place. I'm much more irritated at Ticketmaster for just generally being a terrible service.

7. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Was not at the show last night, just followed it on GDC because I'm a geek. I will be at the show in Jersey tomorrow night and I'm excited as fuck!

8. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Apparently people are already in line for tonight. I'm getting there around 7 and I honestly don't care where I'll be standing since you can see perfectly from anywhere in Starland.

MysteryKnight and kidinthebushes like this.
  9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

People are in line now? Lol what why? I've seen sold out shows in starland before....it's fine. I'm gonna mosh my way to the middle eventually anyways

10. heaththehorizon

Regular

Like even at the Brand New show there, which was BEYOND sold out, it was easy to move with the crowd into a great spot. People just get a little too extra for these big shows, and then get mad when they lose their spot. It is just how things work.

domotime2 likes this.
  11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

People were waiting outside the Newport at 1PM the day before the show...

According to the bartenders at the bar next door

12. Behind the Barricade

Yeah it's been years since Starland overpacked shows. I remember Rise Against and Silverstein back in 07 I believe and I had to get out of the crowd 3 songs into RA. Ever since the remodel, sold out shows are still crowded but not a fire hazard.

13. btr

Trusted Supporter

It's always teenage girls whose parents drop them off. I used to be the guy who guy who got there a little before doors for every show. Not about that life anymore

14. domotime2

I mean it's true about the green day super fans and them probably not understanding how punky of a vibe this show is going to end up being. Most green day fans are used to arena shows and I figure if you're a official fan you're probably cut from the American idiot cloth.

Oh well. I'll probably get there at like 7...which is way early for me

15. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably gonna aim to get to Starland by 545-6. I don'y even care about getting too close since usually if I saw them I would probably be at least 100s of feet away and now the furthest I can be is like 40.

16. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone posted this about set times tonight. Not sure how accurate it is:

7:00 Opener
    8:00 Green Day (3 hour set)
    No curfew.

17. domotime2

haha im gonna be so tired. i hope that's true!

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

A two hour set would be fine with me especially since my date is on a Sunday.

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

First band hasn't gone on yet so either that person didn't know what they were talking about or they are running late.

20. Behind the Barricade

Had to park a mile away. Starland fucked up big time! Walking now.

21. Behind the Barricade

9-12 tonight according to a security guard.

22. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Opening band just ended. So that would mean an hour of waiting

23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Where did you have to park?

24. Behind the Barricade

Had to park on the street about a half mile on the right (if you passed starland on the left).

25. Behind the Barricade

If anyone needs some space, I'm standing by the bathroom on the right (if you're facing the stage). There's plenty of room for activities on the upper part. If you're over here and see a 6ft4 guy in a Blink California hoodie, come say hi!