Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day 2016/2017 Tour Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by slowmy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Chase

CAF

Currently in line for Columbus. Madness.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The girl I sold my blink Indy ticket to was camping outside the venue with some friends last night. I don't see the point.

3. Chase

CAF

Yeah I heard they started showing up at 5pm last night

4. Chase

CAF

Just got word that there will be no mobile photography for this tour

5. heaththehorizon

Regular

Wait so I can't snap a pic with my phone? How will they police that?

6. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's pretty dumb. I wonder what their reasoning would be. Do they not want leaked videos of the new songs to get online?

8. Chase

CAF

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

How do people have time for this?

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They'll likely be playing the whole new album, but that's a moot point now that it's leaked.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Really glad Chicago is on a Sunday. I can definitely attend!

kidinthebushes likes this.
  13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sum 41 on the 21st and Green Day on the 23rd.

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What makes you say that this is "likely" to happen?

Really hoping that they don't do that at any of these shows. I have no qualms about hearing a few new songs, but... I will be supremely disappointed if that's what winds up happening.

16. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They did it on the previous small club tours before albums.

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, fingers-crossed they won't be doing that now that they got the "concept albums" out of their system... There's nothing I want less.

18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They're still going to play for two more hours after that. These club shows go on for three hours, generally.

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Don't get me wrong. It'll be a blast, no matter what but... I always get bummed when bands pull shit like that before an album is out.

EDIT: Just checked what went down before the trilogy. Didn't do any of them front to back. Granted, it wasn't a full tour... Just a few dates in NYC. Still. Gives me hope that that was something they did just for the concept albums.

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

You hate when they play their new album on a promo tour for the new album? They've been doing this for years. It's going to be fine and cool and fun.

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I hate when sets are heavily-loaded with material that I haven't had an opportunity to spend time with yet from any band that I'm already a fan of, yes. It's always cool to hear a few new ones... But before an album is out? I'm not a big fan of that, no.

I understand why a band might do it, and if it was a smaller promo tour for a concept record like AI or 21CB? Then I would understand it even more, and might be able to get into it.

But in this particular case? Yes, that's something that I think might lead to me enjoying the show a little less. So I'm hoping that's not how it goes down just because it's what they when AI and 21CB came out.

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

You'll be happy!

Bang Bang
    Revolution Radio
    Know Your Enemy
    Holiday
    Letterbomb
    Longview
    2000 Light Years Away
    Welcome to Paradise
    Christie Road
    Burnout
    Scattered
    Hitchin' a Ride
    Waiting
    Are We the Waiting
    St. Jimmy
    When I Come Around
    She
    Basket Case
    King for a Day
    Shout / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction / Hey Jude
    Minority

Encore:
    American Idiot
    Jesus of Suburbia

Acoustic:
    Ordinary World
    Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

23. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That is an absolutely amazing setlist. I'm sure that place was nuts!

24. heaththehorizon

Regular

Almost perfect. Would change some things around in a perfect world, but that is almost as perfect of a plausible set as we will ever get.

25. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

A little surprised by the lack of some of the singles (namely Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, 21 Guns) but I'm sure that the crowd that these shows are drawing certainly wouldn't mind dropping those in favor of some of the cuts that are on that set.