Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day – “Still Breathing” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Fox83

Trusted

Thank's OK. We have the crossover power of Bang Bang on the radio! :-|

Dan O'Neill, FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Really loving the lyrics. Musically, this reminds me of Yellowcard... Which shouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. But it's not at all what I was hoping for or expecting from Green Day.

KidLightning likes this.
  3. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

I only got a chance to listen on my dinky iPhone speaker, but it sounded like it could have been an All Time Low song if I didn't know it was Green Day.

4. btr Sep 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 23, 2016)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

Best song they've written since 2009, maybe even 2004. Man, I love this.

5. Fox83

Trusted

Here we go...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. thecobrakais

Regular

i am really shocked at how well this is being received. it sounds so generic/top 40. there isn't a hint of green day in it to me. i wouldn't go so far as to say i hate it, but i can guarantee i'll be skipping this one when i'm cycling through the album. damn.

marceting likes this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

There isn't a "hint of Green Day in it"? Have you listened to anything after Insomniac?

8. thecobrakais

Regular

of course i have and maybe i should rephrase that. there isn't a hint of the green day i love in it. the tone just doesn't sit right with me on this song, especially after hearing the 2 they've released prior. to me, it could fit right in with the trilogy, which i hated.

as someone mentioned earlier, it sounds like a yellowcard song. just my opinion.

9. suppyguppy

Regular

Haven't listened to Green Day in years but I really enjoyed this song! Maybe I'm the only one but I actually got a Sugarcult vibe especially from the chorus.

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I get a Yellowcard vibe, especially in the verses and the vocals. Sounds like Billie Joe channeling Ryan Key.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So what you're both saying is that I'm going to love this, haha.

12. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

As a huge fan of Green Day and both other bands mentioned, this is my favorite Green Day song in a long time. I think it's fantastic, and I can definitely see the Ryan Key vocal comparisons in particular.

FTank likes this.
  13. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This is my favorite Green Day song since American Idiot. I really, really love the chorus.

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I thought it sounds a lot like All Time Low too! But it still seems like this album will certainly be better than most of their later stuff.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This song isn't very good. I don't think I'll be that into this album, unfortunately.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This sounds a bit like the recent All Time Low record, only good.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Fixed that

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The last ATL record is better than all three new GD songs by a wide margin

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I like this song better than everything on the last All Time Low record except for "Cinderblock Garden." That album did not hold up for me at all.

Contender and SamLevi11 like this.
  20. aniafc

Trusted

Ahh, well disregard that.

If it were, though, do you think it would do just as well?

21. aniafc

Trusted

Really? I think it's still pretty good. Though, I think it's pretty much confirmed that they'll never break through on the radio at this point.

22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, I don't really know why. I put it on once this summer and just didn't enjoy it at all.

aniafc likes this.
  23. SundayDrive555

The hook reminds me of Black Parade era MCR. It's a great song.

24. Rushmore33

I was gonna come in here and say that if Billie wasn't singing it, it could sound like a whole lot of new pop punk bands, so it's interesting to see the bands mentioned in this thread. I think the melody of the chorus is good. The lyrics, as per usual with Green Day since the trilogy, do squat for me. Overall, I think it's an interesting sound for Green Day and it has me a lot more curious about this record.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Not better than "X-Kid."