Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day – “Ready, Aim, Fire” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Zach

Trusted Supporter

In an interview Billie states that this album wraps up their record label deal and that they are excited to be able to do what they want.

As for the tour, their back catalog is more than enough to fill seats especially with FOB and Weezer with them. I think there is merit to the theory, whether or not that is what they are doing though, who knows. Guess we’ll find out once the deal is officially done haha

2. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I remember reading that interview. You're probably right about their back catalog and pairing up with FOB and Weezer will be enough to sell tickets. I just don't know if it would be wise to essentially punt an album just to get out of a contract when their past couple of albums have been bad, seems risky to me. But like you said we'll find out.

Zach likes this.
  3. somethingwitty

Trusted

There’s already Groupon deals for most of the dates on this tour. This tour was built on nostalgia, we’ll see how it works out in the end.

TheJMan likes this.
  4. BradBradley

Regular

Maybe there’s a point at which a band has made so much money and has enough fans that will consistently turn up when touring, that it just stops being critically important, from a business perspective, if new albums/material are any good altogether. Perhaps we could call it “the U2 effect.”

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Sounds pretty much like the first song.

6. defmytones

Regular

*Fire, Ready, Aim

7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I don't buy it either. It's just bad music.

domotime2 likes this.
  8. Nah. It's good music. It's just different than what you'd normally expect from Green Day.

Zach likes this.
  9. btr

Trusted Supporter

I really believe they have an actual album ready to go once they're out of their deal

Dan O'Neill and Brent like this.
  10. razorburn

Trusted

Bad.

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Bring back The Network

12. Weezer17

Ugh this is awful. I couldn't even make it through the song. Ive loved everything Green Day has put out. Seems like this album will not be for me.

13. Pretend it's not Green Day and the songs are a lot better. Honestly. It seems like the biggest reason people aren't liking these songs is because they don't sound like Green Day. This is more or less similar to bands like The Hives, but with more distortion. I'm digging them a lot more now.

Kinda like when The Ataris album Welcome The Night came out. That album was soooo stylistically different that it immediately turned me off. Even Kris Roe's vocals were different. But once I went back to it and listened to it as not an Ataris album, but as a whole new band, it made me appreciate it and enjoy it a LOT more. Same thing with these new GD singles.

ramomcferno and tomdelonge like this.
  14. Kristopherkshinn

Am I the only person that hears these new Green Day songs as wanting to channel the Black Keys??

15. slimfenix182

RIYL the Hives, Portugal The Man, Black Keys, Jet. But worse

16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah when it randomly comes on in shuffle it definitely is a lot of fun

17. thisisasong

Gee, I can’t imagine who this song must be about.

18. AllenRicketts

Regular

Worse than Jet is a really low blow.

Dan O'Neill and slimfenix182 like this.
  19. slimfenix182

Haha yeah that one might be pushing it

Dan O'Neill and AllenRicketts like this.
  20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Still better than new blink

LCT Music likes this.
  21. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

23. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Definitely better than some of the new blink album. Definitely worse than the latter half of the album