Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day – “Bang Bang” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Song is solid. Hopefully not a highlight, though...

Oh, and thank you for going straight to the point, BJ Armstrong (he's pretty well-spoken):

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  2. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

It's ok. Not bad by any means, but not that exciting to me either.

Raku likes this.
  3. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

It's making noise from somewhere (maybe the grave, maybe not).

4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I kinda disagree. I like it too but find I dig almost all the tracks. Just don't love any.

thecobrakais likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's from the perspective of a mass shooter

6. I know.

7. SayHello

Regular

I like this. Best thing they've done since American Idiot.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  8. Shenevercalled

Newbie Supporter

It sounds like it would have been a better song by The Offspring!!

Raku likes this.
  9. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I can dig this, not gonna pretend it blew me away but it's decent and gives me some hope for the record.
    Not a fan of this lyrical style though, reminds me of the songs on 21cbd where you don't really know what the lyrics are about and yet they're not very clever either.

10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I was thinking it sounded like the Offspring.

Raku likes this.
  11. Raku

Regular

This was an alright track that didn't seem like a single to me.

Also glad I wasn't the only one to get an Offspring vibe from this track.

12. Fox83

Trusted

This sounds like it would be better off being a teaser or hype track for the album. It sounds like it's more for fan service than any sort of mainstream single. Then again, this could be the most pop song on the record for all I know. Just saying.

Raku likes this.
  13. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Well played BUT the correct joke would have been "never seen anyone be so harsh on the trilogy"

14. DooDooBird

Trusted

The problem with 21st Century Breakdown was no one trimmed the fat. Cut that album in half with only the best tracks... and you've got an enjoyable listen. Same can be said about the trilogy. Reduce that shit to one album and it's solid.

noeljames likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Except that wouldn't actually be true because people shit on those albums daily.

FTank likes this.
  16. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I hear Face to Face.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You kidding?

Raku likes this.
  18. tomtom94

Trusted

Is that not what it is? These days the line between "single" and "promo song" is pretty blurred.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  19. ZeoVGM Aug 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2016)
    ZeoVGM

Regular

I mean, Uno/Dos/Tres had some good stuff on it. I don't think that's fair.

Edit: Well shit, never mind. You already got called out on the nonsense about California.

20. ZeoVGM

Regular

How are you "sick of political Green Day" when their last three albums were not "political" albums? 21st Century Breakdown, which certainly wasn't a "huge stinker," was also less "political" than American Idiot.

On top of that, this song is about mass shootings. How is that "political" exactly? He's singing about a clear factual problem in the country. That doesn't make it political-based.

Dan O'Neill and Raku like this.
  21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think he was talking about blink 182.

22. ZeoVGM

Regular

I know. What he said was wrong so I was being an ass. :P

Craig Manning likes this.
  23. chris-wrecker

Trusted

songs pretty good, im just not a fan of the echoey megaphone effect he always seems to have on his voice

24. DooDooBird

Trusted

To clarify things, Uno Dos Tre count as one album in my book. And I'll admit that trilogy wasn't very political, it just sucked and seemed lazy.

Now 21st Century Breakdown was full of political songs. It was pretty much a re-hash of American Idiot, but nowhere near as good. At least half of the album is hugely political. (Know Your Enemy, American Eulogy, East Jesus Nowhere, 21 Guns, Horseshoes, etc...)

I'm fully aware he's singing about a factual problem. And I'm not offended that he's singing about it, I just find it boring. I'm already sick of hearing and reading about the issues in the news, therefore, I don't care for it to spill into music. I know what happens in this country, I don't need a song to remind me.

And honestly, my favorite Green Day songs have always been the ones they've written about personal relationships with people (see JAR, She, Time of Your Life, Worry Rock, Wake Me Up When September Ends, etc...). And self-depreciation Green Day (Longview, Basketcase, No Pride, Castaway, etc...)

25. ZeoVGM

Regular

Ridiculous. Sorry if you're "sick of hearing about the issues in the news." Unfortunately, that's life and you can't just bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist as you seem to want to do.

Raku likes this.