Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day – “Bang Bang” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Really alright. I'm hoping the rest of the album is more musically interesting, but I am intrigued by that quote in the OP. I always liked their more political stuff.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Solid. I love this band but wasn't really down with 21CB or the trilogy. I've been more into punk and pop punk this year than much of the last like, five years, with blink and the Descendents releasing new albums, and I've been digging back and spinning a lot of the Misfits, Bikini Kill, Black Flag and the like, so I'm itching for loud, fast, guitar music, preferably a little politically tinged. Hopefully Green Day can tap into that on this record. Still need to check out Direct Hit.

3. robb

Regular

I like it a lot.

But I just can't get into latter-day BJ's voice that much.

4. tomtom94 Aug 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2016)
    tomtom94

Trusted

Billie Joe knows a thing or two about throwing away his reputation on one more song for the radio station.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Really just meh for me, to be honest.

6. Man, never seen someone be so harsh to 21st Century before.

7. thecobrakais

Regular

i really never understood the hate for 21st Century. I like it a lot. Sure, there are a handful of throw away tracks, but there is a lot to like there in my opinion.

Raku, chewbacca110 and Penguin like this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Direct Hit album is what I would've liked the trilogy to sound like

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oof, that hurts...

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Really digging this song. This songs caters to what I like most about them: energetic punk songs with a pop sensibility. I came in with zero expectations, so that probably helped. Green Day and Menzingers nailed it today!

Turkeylegz and thecobrakais like this.
  11. awilliams787

I always really liked that album. It is definitely too long, but I still think it's a solid GD album. Do you like the new single?

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

21CB is pretty good but it's way too long

13. Very here for this song, excited to hear the whole album. Always loved Green Day more than most bands and that trilogy hurt.

14. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

It sounds like Green Day.
    That's good enough for me.

15. It's ok. Pretty straight forward. Not a big fan of the lyrics, and I'm not even sure what the message is. Need to listen a few more times.

16. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

It disappointed me way more than the trilogy. It's the only one I don't own on vinyl now, and I even collect bootlegs and singles and shit. I go back to it once a year hoping I've missed something, but so far still not a fan.

17. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Wow, I like it.

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoyed this much more than anything off the trilogy. Artwork is pretty cool.

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I like it! I don't see this getting as popular as American Idiot back in the days, but it's a good song.

I don't get the hate for 21CB either. There's a lot of great or good tracks. Sure there is some filler and the album is long, but it's not that bad. I think what killed it the most was being the follow up to American Idiot.

20. Sander

kflkmflkm

Worried about the whole self-production thing. Green Day is definitely a band that needs a third party to come in to trim the fat.

21. thecobrakais

Regular

i think Warning is the only thing they've technically self produced alone and is one of their shortest albums with 12 songs. Revolution Radio only has 12 as well. With the turds that Cavallo helped produce in those last 3 albums, I'd have been more worried if he was attached to this one.

22. DooDooBird

Trusted

God dammit. If they could just make a record that sounds like anything in the era of Dookie through Warning, I'd be insanely happy. Sick of political Green Day and nasally Billie Joe. Hope this album isn't a huge stinker like 21st Century Breakdown and that trilogy crap they released a few years ago.

Raku likes this.
  23. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

This is really good.

24. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

P good