Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day – “Bang Bang”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day have released their new song, “Bang Bang,” on Spotify and their website. The song comes from the new album, Revolution Radio, due out October 7th. Pre-orders are now up. The band sat down with Rolling Stone to talk about the upcoming album:

It’s about the culture of mass shooting that happens in America mixed with narcissistic social media. There’s this sort of rage happening, but it’s also now being filmed and we all have ourselves under surveillance. To me, that is so twisted. To get into the brain of someone like that was freaky. It freaked me out. After I wrote it, all I wanted to do was get that out of my brain because it just freaked me out.

2. don't fret

Green Day, Blink, Sum 41, Good Charlotte....pop punk is making a comeback

hienz4 and Dan O'Neill like this.
  3. ZeoVGM

Regular

Awesome track. It doesn't really have the feeling of a "first single" like "American Idiot" did but very solid.

4. "Give me death or give me head"? Is that what he says?

5. tomtom94

Trusted

Self-produced? ehhhhhhhh not sure that'll work, they have a big problem with just. not. cutting things. (If you read about the production process of AI it's clear that Cavallo had a big hand in cutting that album down too)

Song's a ripper though.

6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

After watching the lyric video, yes.

OpenIntro likes this.
  7. selfreliable

Regular

Didnt they self produce Warning? There isnt anything on that album that should be cut off.

8. Cavallo was a "EP" on that one. Helped with almost all of it.

9. Hmm. Weird line.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. xtbs7645x

Newbie Prestigious

Is it really though?

11. eboo

the music sounds like nofx...

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I really liked that. Interested to hear what the rest of the album has to say

13. JohnR831

Regular

14. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

shockingly promising lead single

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Song is solid. Not worried about them self-producing. It looks like this album is 12 tracks, which is downright modest compared to the 18 tracks they kept for 21CB or the three fucking albums they released last time.

16. Dan O'Neill

Regular

JohnR831 likes this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I am down with this. Not amazing, but solid enough to make me think they've regained enough bite to make me forget about the fucking abysmal triple album.

Turkeylegz and Dan O'Neill like this.
  18. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The guitar tone is killer and breakneck pace suits these guys better than anyone. This will be a monster live. This seems like an appetizer single - I agree it doesn't immediately grab like American Idiot did, even though it rips.

But to be fair, what would? Can we really be surprised by these guys again? Or is just writing a solid album all most expect?

19. chuwaay

Sounds like Green Day. Great song.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Like it a lot more than anything off the trilogy so that's a good sign.

21. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Way better then I expected, can't wait to here the rest of the album now...

22. I...think I like this? Took a minute for the song to click for me

InfiniteArms likes this.
  23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Song is fun and if I was younger I might be really into this, but I just don't really care about a song with lyrics like this anymore at all.

Bridge reminds me of "East Jesus Nowhere"

Musically it's pretty good but this just isn't doing it for me in total

24. VanderlyleCrybaby

Regular Supporter

Really good, and very catchy actually. It's like a cross between AI and Nimrod or something

OpenIntro likes this.
  25. Eml182

Regular

Cavallo's production on UDT was awful. Everything sounded way too slick, this has a little more weight to it at least.

House Of Wolves likes this.