Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day’s ‘American Idiot’ Musical Coming to HBO

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day talked with NME about turning their American Idiot musical into an HBO movie:

“That’s the plan right now, yeah,” said Armstrong. “We’ve got a green light from HBO, and the script is currently going through a couple of rewrites here and there, so I’m not sure when exactly we’re going to start shooting, but it’s definitely all systems go at the moment.”

2. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I'm stoked to hear this. I really enjoyed the play, saw it with the original cast and with billie joe. it was fun, it was dark, it had great visuals and the arrangements and harmonies they came up with I was a huge fan of. good to see there's some rewrites happening, hopefully to adjust to a film/movie format. not everything that works on stage with transfer well.

3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

This sounds great! I missed my chance to see this and it came so close!

4. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Down for this.

5. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Saw the musical twice and absolutely loved it. I bet HBO does a good job with this.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Wasn't particularly impressed with the musical, though I saw the touring company instead of the Broadway show. Script seemed especially thin to me, though the music was obviously great. Hope they add some extra depth to the characters for this.

7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Really interesting, curious whatever it would look like!

8. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Wish I saw it when it was in Chicago. Stoked on this