Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Book (Peter Farrelly, November 21,2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 14, 2018.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lmao just have to laugh at the comedy of it all I guess

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Best Picture lol

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I didn’t hate this as much as most people when I first watched it, but it was just an okay fine film. (Definitely soured on it more after learning more about the idiots behind it, Ali not included.) It just has no business beating ANY of the other movies aside from Bohemian Rhapsody. Still kind of shocked with this one for some reason.

OotyPa likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

As I pointed in the Oscar thread... it's a problematic yet enjoyable crowd pleaser. Nowhere deserves any Oscars

jkauf likes this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away

I honestly feel like they could have made the movie closer to the truth and it’d have more impact. The scenes Dr. Shirley “learns to be black” are pretty far-fetched and mostly serve the film’s buddy-comedy narrative. I don’t feel like the film even needed to be about friendship but could have instead focused on Dr. Shirley’s experience traveling the south with a driver with “more realistic” racist tendencies. When I first watched this movie, I admittedly enjoyed it (not knowing the narrative had been warped) in an easily-digestible way that didn’t offer any new insights or any long-lasting emotional impact. I think I would have been more satisfied with an unsimplified/complex portrait of the true events.

jkauf likes this.
  6. yung_ting

Trusted

I feel like this movie is probably “fine” not knowing the narrative around it but I do not wanna invest the time or effort to watch this only to reaffirm my assumption that it is not good lol

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Hey, at least this is better than 3 Billboards.

username, iCarly Rae Jepsen and jkauf like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah this didn't offend or bore me but just left me saying
    [​IMG]

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Honestly, it's not haha.

yung_ting likes this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

When the majority of Oscar wins comes with people saying "not Oscar worthy, doesn't deserve an oscar, etc" maybe it's time to accept that the Oscars are actually bad and meaningless and this, in fact, is an Oscar film (something not good that a bunch of old chumps will eat up because another group of old chumps said it was "good")

Just watch and enjoy movies? I've seen so many meltdowns (not saying you) over this dumb award and it just doesn't seem worth it/mentally healthy.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

At least no one in the Green Book tells their daughter they hope she gets raped.

OotyPa likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh yeah both are god awful.

riotspray likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

or for some reason calls Peter Dinklage a slur for little people, or has every character use slurs even Lucas Hedges calls his mom the c word

riotspray likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Demi!

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Honestly Demi doing an entire album in his Morrisey voice would probably be my album of the year

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

How the fuck does he do it?

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

I couldn't remember this movie when my coworker asked what won Best Picture. This stuff has become so disposable.

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious