Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Greater Pyrenees Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jean-luc davis, Apr 13, 2016.

1. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

[​IMG]

Not sure how much traction this will get but I'm all for supporting this project so here goes!

For those of you who don't know, Greater Pyrenees is the new band/project fronted by ex-Colour Revolt guitarist and vocalist Sean Kirkpatrick. The band recently signed with Brand New's label Procrastinate! Music Traitors, and their self-titled debut LP will be released this Friday, April 15th (album cover shown above). They will also be on tour in Canada with Brand New and mewithoutYou in June.

Buy Greater Pyrenees here: Physical or Digital
    NEW Stream it over on Substream

Greater Pyrenees track listing:
    1. It Moves
    2. Homemade Blood
    3. Noise (Near Miss)
    4. Close
    5. Categorize
    6. In The Morning
    7. See Me
    8. In Two
    9. Biographer
    10. Simple

Tour w/Brand New & mewithoutYou:
    6/1 – Vancouver, BC – Vogue Theatre
    6/2 – Vancouver, BC – Vogue Theatre
    6/4 – Edmonton, AB – Union Hall
    6/5 – Calgary, AB – Macewan Hall
    6/6 – Saskatoon, SK – O’brians Event Centre
    6/9 – Toronto, ON – Sound Academy
    6/10 – Toronto, ON – Sound Academy
    6/11 – Montreal, QC – L’Olympia
    6/12 – Montreal, QC – L’Olympia

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I am loving this record. Could definitely see it claiming a spot on my top ten at the end of the year.

Homemade Blood reminds me a lot of Colour Revolt, just softer.

The closer, Simple, is one of my favorite songs of the year so far.

3. jean-luc davis

Hey a response! Lol. It really is very good. Definitely not the most diverse record track to track but still solid. "Simple" is great, and I really dig "Categorize". I can't wait to get the chance to see them play, hopefully soon.

airik625 likes this.
  4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I listened to this last week, and it didn't grab me. What's the consensus on it? I want to participate in everything P!MT does (except for Shone, on principle that I think it's terrible), and I want to collect their vinyl records, but this far can't justify buying it.

I want to give it another shot. I never listened to Colour Revolt. Is there something I should be listening for? As in, what aspects of music are these guys most talented at?

Edit: Also, that >100 variant has me enticed, because if this does click digitally, I'll regret not grabbing it.

5. jean-luc davis

I would definitely say the best things about GP are Sean's voice and writing. He reminds me of Kevn Devine in some aspects, like that it's a singer/songwriter project with a folk sensibility about the whole album, and that you can tell every song means something to him (i.e. there's no point where I feel like he's just singing to sing and have a completed record, there's emotion in every verse). The instrumentation is there to enhance the vocals and lyrics as opposed to take precedent over them at any point. The music is also just really well-produced in my opinion.

With that said, it took me a little bit for it all to click for me too, but this is probably in my top 3 for albums that have come out this year so far.

Also, the packaging for the record is really really well done, so there's that part of the reason you might want to buy it! Haha

6. Kevin360

I did it. I want to support the label apart from Brand New, because the label will be around beyond Brand New (I would hope) and want to make sure these guys (Jesse, Vin, Brian, Garrett) know that people care about their ventures outside of Brand New.

DejaMoi and phillyfradet like this.
  7. jean-luc davis

Except for Shone, right? ;-)

But seriously, I'm in the same mindset, I want to support this venture and help it succeed in whatever way possible.

8. Kevin360

I just couldn't and still cannot get into Shone. It's really the vocals that keep me from it.

This jammed enough to spark my interest.

9. airik625

Mind uploading some photos?

10. walshknilb281

Reminds me a lot of Cassino, I dig.

11. Kevin360

I will when it comes in!

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I thought the album was a little underwhelming unfortunately but I'll give it another shot sometime.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I hope P!MT gets more bands on their roster I think that would be really cool. If it grew to be like Glacial Pace that would be sweet. I love those little niche labels. Favorite Gentlemen is another one.

14. Kevin360

phillyfradet likes this.
  15. airik625

16. Kevin360

Not mine, but got this from Reddit this past week. I'll take more of mine later.

Imgur Image

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I thought the vinyl was supposed to be just black?

18. Kevin360

This is a /100 variant they launched a few days before the album release.

19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Oh ok I didnt know about that. Havent revisited this album at all. Not a huge fan but its decent. More stuff from El Obo (Jesse ex-Colour Revolt) would be so awesome.

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I will give this a listen at some point. Comparisons in this thread have my interested piqued (peaked?)

21. Kevin360

Imgur Image
    Imgur Image

These are my pics. Already put the stickers away.

phillyfradet and airik625 like this.