Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Great News (NBC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 21, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coming midseason

Getting along with some colleagues can be rough, but working with your mom? That’s a whole other story. When Katie, an up-and-coming news producer, finds out her overbearing mom (Andrea Martin) has rejoined the workforce as an intern at the station where Katie works, it might just be the worst news ever. But, with her biggest cheerleader at her side, Katie might finally get the recognition she deserves. The laughs hit close to home in this new office comedy from executive producers Tina Fey, Robert Carlock and the producers of “30 Rock.”

The cast includes Briga Heelan, Andrea Martin, Adam Campbell, Nicole Richie, John Michael Higgins and Horatio Sanz.

Tracey Wigfield serves as writer and executive producer. Tina Fey, Robert Carlock and David Miner also executive produce. Beth McCarthy-Miller directs. “Great News” is produced by Universal Television, Little Stranger and 3 Arts Entertainment.

this sounds right up my alley

[​IMG]

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

premieres April 25th at 9

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Similarly to Michael Schur, I'll watch anything with Fey and Carlock's name attached, even if it's just as EPs. Hopefully this is good. NBC seems to be trying to rebuild its lost comedy credibility, hopefully shows like this and The Good Place mean they've begun peacocking comedy again.

suicidesaints likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Definitely has a lot of potential. I'll watch anything with Fey/Carlock and the cast is great. I even like Nicole Richie, I feel like she gets a lot of hate but she actually seems pretty self-aware

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

tonight!

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

tonight? well that's great news.

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

i'll see myself out

9. Anthony_

I like this. This is a show that I like.

No seriously, this feels so much like 30 Rock and Kimmy Schmidt that Fey may as well have created it herself. And that's a good thing because both of those shows are amazing. Hopefully they can keep this high level of humor going.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Working in a newsroom, I wonder how comical I will find this.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah you could definitely feel that Tracey worked on 30 Rock and The Mindy Project but that's a good thing

did a rat just jump on me or did someone throw a rat at me?

started from the bottom like that wheelchair rapper who's with Nicole Mirage

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

So I take it this was good?

13. Anthony_

You can take it to the bank and get a mortgage with it.

Yes.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Gonna assume that's a line from the pilot

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

IGN reviewed the entire season and they said it only gets better as it goes on

Haven't watched yet but will asap

16. Anthony_

It's actually not haha

17. Anthony_

Yeah I guess NBC made the whole season available. AV Club gave it an A- for the whole thing.

18. Anthony_

The fact that this takes place in Secaucus, NJ is great.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Excited to check this out soon. If it's anything like 30 Rock, I'm all in.

20. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I enjoyed this. It did have a certain 30 Rock feel to it, although I wouldn't say that the jokes are quite as rapid fire as they were on 30 Rock.

21. Anthony_

"I thought you didn't want me in your head even though you were in my womb for nine months stealing my food?"

hahahahaha love this show already.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

my body's like a temple, a lot of Jewish guys have been in it, high five
    this song was playing when my dog died but I still think it's sexy
    I don't know fashion, i got this top from a Halloween store it's Frankenstein
    has a guy ever done something for a girl he wasn't attracted to? Schindler? that was a long list he couldn't have wanted to sleep with all of them

23. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I'm liking this show quite a bit, which probably means it has low ratings and will get cancelled haha

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I like the jokes on this show, but I'm not sure if I like the show itself... if that makes any sense.

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Renewed for season 2