Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grayscale - Adornment (Fearless, May 5th, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 14, 2017.

1. SmithBerryCrunch Apr 14, 2017
    (Last edited: May 2, 2017)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

1. Let It Rain
    2. Come Undone (ft. Patty Walters from As It Is)
    3. Slipping Away
    4. Atlantic
    5. Forever Yours
    6. Beautiful Things
    7. Mum
    8. Fever Dream
    9. Echoes (Carry On)
    10. Slept
    11. If I Ever See You Again

2. SmithBerryCrunch Apr 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2017)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Studio documentary with new song clip at the end.

3. Couple of jams on this thing. Fever Dreams is far and away my favorite, opener is great too. Mostly pretty standard stuff here but it'll make for fun summer jams

Is this the record that Ace Enders did? Or was that the last one? Either way, production on this is awesome, so huge sounding.

4. peripheralvision

i actually thought the album was less cheesy pop punk and had more emo elements to it. while some songs are pretty catchy (the opener and the singles), some others fall flat. curious to see whether the album as a whole will grow on me though.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't know this had leaked. Gonna give this a listen now. High hopes.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This is really good. Love the production. Some really good instrumentals as well. This guy has a great voice.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  7. Anybody here remember a band from Seattle called Tysen in the mid 2000's? This guy's voice reminds me so much of their singer's at times. I even had to look these guys up to see if it was the same person haha.

Edit: here's that band for reference

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I enjoyed their last release and will be spinning this on Friday.

Not gonna lie, forgot the album was releasing this week, saw the thread get bumped, and was honestly afraid that someone in this band sexually assaulted someone too now. Feels like every young pop-punk/emo band is secretly scum these days.

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Been listening to this all day. Really, really loving it. So much good stuff on here.

10. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I didn't really expect much going in but this record is great. Very poppy and the production is great.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Track by Track

Really digging this. Slept is one of my favorites.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  12. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

This album is fantastic and really surprised me. First pop punk album this year that I've actually enjoyed. The band kind of reminds me of a poppier pentimento for some reason haha

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Spinning this a lot. Let It Rain, Mum, Slept, If I Ever See You Again are my favorites from the album.

14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

My favorites are Atlantic, Beautiful Things, Forever Yours, Mum. The only song I'm not crazy about is Echoes (Carry On), but it's still a decent song. Just sounds like filler compared to the rest of the album.

15. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

This album is so good. Really getting into it this past week.

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i'd been listening to bits and pieces of this since release in-between all the other releases but finally gave it a proper listen. atlantic and echoes are the favorites so far, those choruses are excellent.

17. lindsaylove081

Regular

This album is absolutely stunning. I have had it in my car CD player on repeat for the past several weeks. My favorites are Atlantic, Forever Yours, Beautiful Things, Mum, & Slept.

js977 likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Really strong debut album (I'm counting their last release as an EP). Great production on here and lots of great tracks.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit who did sound for the APMAs?

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This album is very good. Got into this about a month or two ago and it's staying in rotation. Great band and a very solid album. Poppy but avoids sounding cheesy like As It Is or similar bands, although it probably helps their vocalist is less whiny.

lindsaylove081 and js977 like this.
  22. For real, the song with the As It Is guy on it is hands down my least favorite on the album almost solely because of him. I skip that track literally every time.

Otherwise yeah, this has held up surprisingly well over the last few months. Liked it a lot at first but definitely thought I would've cooled on it by now. Probably my favorite pop punk release this year (in a running of like three records haha)

23. lindsaylove081

Regular

Yes it's a fantastic album! What is your favorite song on it? I love Patty Walters haha but otherwise I agree with all that you said (:

24. Fever Dream is my favorite! Kinda hard to rank the tracks otherwise since this album is so consistent, but I'd say Mum, Slept, Beautiful Things, and Let It Rain are all pretty close behind. How about yours?

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Let It Rain is my favourite but Atlantic and Fever Dreams are great too.

This record has a surprisingly good second half, most bands like this front load their albums but this is very consistent.