Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Graphic Design • Page 2

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by ianebaldwin, May 20, 2016.

1. No problem!

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Is there anyone available to put together a super simple podcast logo for me today? I can square cash you if need be. PM me if you're interested! Thanks so much in advance!

3. Sorry I didn't see this soon. Let me know if you still need someone to do this for you.

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

PM'd.

5. Awesome! I'll read and reply by tomorrow.

6. No problem!

7. ianebaldwin Aug 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2016)
    why-artwork-is-important.jpg

I'm starting to publish weekly articles on my brands blog. You can follow along directly on my website or by following Hear&See on Medium.

My latest article explains why single artwork is important for bands to have alongside every release and how it benefits them so they can grow their audience and eventually make more money.

Medium: medium.com/hear-see

Deanna likes this.
  8. becketor

Hi everyone, design newbie here! Hope it's ok to ask a very basic question.

I have very little experience, but want to do some basic photo editing. I would get Photoshop, but the problem is the price... my budget isn't exactly huge! Plus, I wouldn't need anything overly in-depth, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a lot of money anyway.

I've been looking around for some alternatives to Photoshop and this blog recommends GIMP, Paint.NET (not the notorious old Paint, surely?!), and MAGIX. The question is, does anyone with heaps more experience and knowhow than me know which one is easiest to use, but can still produce good results? I'm hoping for an intuitive tool that will help me learn by doing. Thanks!

9. christophsays

there is the option of Photoshop Creative Cloud that's a subscription service that may be a little cheaper. I bought CS6 when I was in college and haven't found the necessity or money to upgrade, so I'm not sure on the specifics of CC, and I'm sure you've already looked into it. adobe themselves make a photoshop lite of sorts, I think it's called photoshop elements or something? I may have led you to more questions, I apologize.

on a side note, wanted to call attention to the Emarosa tour poster! thought this was a great design all around, but could have used a hint of their fox somewhere as an attention grabber. color, type, and the way they laid out the dates with correlating colors in the map, great design.

[​IMG]

ianebaldwin likes this.
  10. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i like the poster! the tracking on the type is a little too much, kinda makes the readability a little slow

11. Arry

finally updated my portfolio: Arry Chanthamaly | Designer

did it in three days for an interview. there's some minor changes i wanna make, like how i display websites... but it works for now! hopefully i can come back to it in the future.

ianebaldwin likes this.
  12. becketor

No not at all, more of a helpful nudge in the right direction! Thanks for your help, I'll check out Creative Cloud and PS Elements.

13. I did album artwork for a new band called Ancestors Index that was revealed today. Check it out below. Any feedback or questions about the artwork is welcome.

View attachment 3382

Deanna likes this.
  14. One other piece of artwork I did was also released today for a newer band called Over The Years. The song isn't very impressive but the guys are great dudes and have a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to seeing what they grow into. We all started somewhere after all and always have more to learn to improve our art.

I'm pleased with how the artwork turned out for this one but still would like some critique. Is it clear what I was trying to pull off with the city lights in the sky? Thanks guys!

OTY-A-Town-Not-So-Near-You-Artwork.jpeg

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Arry

just a nit picky thing; "transcend" is close to that antenna, so it's creating a tension at the top. i might try to photoshop that antenna out or add some white space around it. or line break it. other than that, i dig it!

lightning13 and ianebaldwin like this.
  16. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Does anyone know how to use the "Chief Architect" program and have background in architecture or construction from the South Jersey area looking for work? Lol I know it's a lot of specifics but I am leaving my job for a higher paid one and the architect and builder I am working for are both looking for someone with 3D design capabilities. PM me if you are interested. Job is located in Long Beach Island region.

17. behind.png

I shared a bit about myself and the behind the scenes of Hear&See with 36vultures. I hope someone can find some value in my story and be encouraged to keep pursuing music or a career in the music industry—even when things get tough. I was drumming in bands for a little under a decade and found that I was better suited for creating graphics for bands and being more behind the scenes. I love helping bands meet the right people and grow.

Behind the Scene: Ian Baldwin of Hear&See

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

My wife is close to opening her own business (high-end hair salon and spa). We're working together to come up with the logo/brand/company image. Where do you guys suggest we start? I recommended to her to find things she likes and then we can tweek it to be what we are looking for - I did that, but she doesn't seem to like it.

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

does she have a name for it yet?
    you're on the right track. take a look at some of the other companies whose branding she's into, and take notes of what she does and doesn't like about those, and what she wants her company's image to look like.

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

ianebaldwin likes this.
  21. Deanna likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

23. I started a new personal project today. I'm taking songs from my favorite bands and creating unofficial artwork. It's going to be a way for me to practice my craft, promote my brand and share good music. I hope that everyone that follows along can learn something (I'll be sharing my process) or discover a new band they haven't heard of!

Unofficial single artwork for the song "Made In America" by Waterparks.

View attachment 4644

coleslawed likes this.
  24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i need to do more projects like this myself.

25. I recommend it! Great for staying sharp and trying out new techniques.