Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grammys Ratings … Not Great, Bob!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Variety:

This year’s telecast was the lowest-rated in Grammys history in the early numbers.

Per Nielsen Live+Same Day official national numbers, Music’s Biggest Night delivered an average of 8.8 million viewers for the network during the ceremony’s broadcast on Sunday night at 8 p.m. ET with a 2.1 rating in the key, adults ages 18-49 demographic. […]

Nevertheless, this year’s telecast was still the highest-rated broadcast of the night, and it was the most-streamed Grammy show ever with 83% more live streams compared to 2020. In addition to cable, the show could be accessed on the CBS website and app as well as the network’s recently rebranded and debuted video-on-demand and over-the-top media streaming service Paramount Plus.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. deflector

formerly pizzatime

I can't think of a more useless unit of measurement than Nielsen ratings in 2021. Fathoms?

3. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

With the newer format and the live performance room - I honestly thought it was one of the better Grammys. I really hope that when we return to more normal broadcasts next year they keep some of the changes that were made during the pandemic.

4. I feel like they should incorporate YouTube views of the performances somehow?

Matt Chylak likes this.
  5. somethingwitty

Trusted

They're trying to appeal to a younger demo that just doesn't care about the show or the awards.

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'm pretty sure most of us just catch the results on the news and watch the performances that we want to see on YouTube?

333 GANG, Brent and falafelmywaffle like this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

333 GANG and JamesMichael like this.
  8. heymattrick

Sending my love

I really liked how the performances were done this year, I think that would be cool if they continued it like that. It was cool seeing the artist watch and jam out to each other. And seeing Trevor Noah dancing to all the performances was fun too. Just make the Grammys a big long concert that celebrates the top music of the year, instead of giving out the awards and having "winners" and "losers". The show is 90% performances anyway.

9. brothemighty

Trusted

into my veins

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Welcome to the world of what wrestling fans argue daily lol