Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Governor's Ball Music Festival 2021 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by manoverboard365, May 3, 2021.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Lineup coming tomorrow morning

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  2. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

3. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I think Citi Field is the right move. I had a good experience at The Meadows in 2016 (until we all had to leave when Kanye's set ended). Also evacuating Randall's Island a couple years ago because of a storm was a complete nightmare my god hahah

bradpetrik likes this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm happy with the move to Citi Field. Randall's aesthetic is great but getting to and from it is just awful. 40k people cramming into the walkway at the end of the night is a nightmare.
    But this lineup is so terrible! I've never been more disappointed in a festival lineup, especially considering the 2020 lineup was one of their best ones that never was.

Come on John you're a psychic, you didn't predict any of this?!

5. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Hahaha legit just changed my avatar

I hear you, I gotta imagine rescheduling last years lineup was really tough. Selfishly I'm really into this lineup hahah. I wish Bartees was Saturday or Sunday because I don't think I'll have the energy for three days. I just can't wait to see live music again.

I am really curious to see if any of these festivals happen this year. Fingers crossed they can pull it off safely!

bradpetrik and manoverboard365 like this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Holy shit this lineup is AWFUL. And they reverted back to All Ages? The absolute hardest pass imaginable.

7. somethingwitty

Trusted

I guess I aged out of this festival? This is a hard pivot for them. I really feel like Big Thief, Leon Bridges, and Future Islands will be playing to fairly sparse crowds. This looks like Rolling Loud meets Lollapalooza.

Glad I went with Bonnaroo.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

There are going to be like twelve people at those sets.

9. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Rock LIVES!

Drewski likes this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Saturday has the best lineup, but none are enough to get me to New York.

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I can make a decent day out of Fri and Sat. Sun is just too thin for me to justify going to the Citi Field for a 3rd straight day and standing on astro turf next to drunk kids.

12. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Got Saturday GA tickets! Thought about going for VIP but that was gone immediately. ASAP Rocky, Meg, Phoebe, Big Thief & Bleachers are worth it for me

13. Phil507

Looks like VIP is all sold out. Crazy.

jlinitz likes this.
  14. fbrrocks

Trusted

If u go to say check out Sarah Barrios she’s from CT moved to la. I use to see her a local for a bunch of years she’s one of my fav and she on visionary records. This is first really big concert and first time to play her stuff since signed live

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

**cough cough**
    who?

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Tickets are pretty damn cheap on Stub Hub. Can get a pass for Friday for only $40, and 3 day passes are around $125.

I might snag a Friday ticket and aim to get there right before Billie.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll be there Friday

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. Phil507

I'm assuming that's a joke unless there is somehow huge crossover between Megan Thee Stallion and Big Thief I'm unaware of? After looking at the schedule, I didn't realize Citi Field has a curfew of 10pm as everything is earlier and the sets are slightly shorter which is a bummer since Gov Ball was a great option to see a ton of acts play headline or almost-headline length sets. It's also cool for us old folks that we can peace out at 7:30 on Sat after Phoebe Bridgers.

jlinitz likes this.
  20. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I'm probably the only person this conflict impacts hahah

21. somethingwitty

Trusted

Is this festival a teen focused event? I've heard horror stories in the past. Tickets for Friday are only $40 on Stubhub right now and I'd really like to see Future Islands and Rufus Du Sol, if anyone has went in the past do you think this will be overrun by high school teens bc Billie is playing that day?

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

friday should be okay because the kids will be in school most the time, and the acts you want to see are on a different stage so you should be fine

but yeah the last time I went I remember a 14 year old next to me in the crowd take his first hit of weed and immediately pretend to hallucinate lmao

somethingwitty likes this.
  23. Phil507

I think a lot of horror stores abut "teens" also include college kids because once you're over 30 they all start to look the same. Anyways, yes, can confirm this festival is full of drug-induced vomiting teens but the organizers tend to offer nice counter programming for adults. Just a bit sad to see bands like Yeah Yeah Yeahs play to a near empty crowd on the main stage while like a popular DJ packs the other stage.

somethingwitty likes this.
  24. somethingwitty

Trusted

Kinda confirms what I heard from others. Really hoping Future Islands and Rufus Du Sol don’t have much appeal to the younger crowd. I’m content with seeing Billie from the back, just hope the talkers don’t ruin her set for me, not sure how she’ll translate the new material live.

25. Phil507

Rufus Du Sol definitely appeals to the younger crowd. Future Islands and Big Thief....you should be able to stretch out right in front of the stage for those sets.