Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Governors Ball Announces Day Breakdown

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Governors Ball has announced the day-by-day lineups for the festival.

[​IMG]

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Sunday is enticing, minus LUV.

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

See you fuckers on Saturday

skogsraet and electro haikus like this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

The Menzingers would've looked so out of place on either Friday or Sunday.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

After 2016’s shitshow- I will never go again.

7. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This is my favorite lineup I think, and definitely my favorite undercard

8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

If Gaslight/Menzingers were on Friday, I'd be soooo down.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same thing that’s happened before- shitty weather they were not prepared for (they did not have anything for the rain because they sold out of the plastic rain parkas they sold at a ridiculous price). It was pretty much a crazy rainstorm that low key flooded the whole place on day 2. People were being carried out on stretchers and because you need to take a bus to literally leave the island type area- it was a nightmare to get out of. To top it all off; day 3 (that had about 80% of the artists I came to see and most of their “big” artists) was straight up cancelled because of the weather and they refunded only $68 at the end.

I flew from San Francisco for this festival and the only great set I was able to see was watching The Strokes put on an amazing show up front. I fought to stay up front for almost the whole day to make that happen.

So yeah, fuck Governors Ball. They don’t have their shit together and they don’t care. I hate festivals like this.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Damn, that all sounds super shitty. I went in 2015 and absolutely loved it. Then again, the weather cooperated all 3 days and I saw some amazing sets. Sucks they were so unprepared for the weather.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Now that you recalled this story, I remember hearing about it being a shit show from the weather.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah that’s the thing- how unprepared they were AND how little the refund was when factoring in all the costs (flight to NY, Airbnb, ticket price, food, etc.). Festivals can’t fight the weather but they can prepare and be decent about making up for it. Left a bad taste in my mouth and a hole in my pocket lol.

carrytheweird likes this.