Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gotham (FOX) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Colby Searcy, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Isn't a thread on here yet, so figured I would make one.

I'm a few episodes behind but happy to see that this got picked up for another season.

Raku likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel like maybe I should give season two a chance. I just really hate the campiness of it.

3. Colby Searcy

@Henry I enjoyed the hell outta Season 1 but I could understand why some may not. The general consensus and my personal sentiment is Season 2 is much better. Hope they can keep it up for Season 3 and beyond.

Raku likes this.
  4. Rico Suave

The second season of Gotham has been terrific.

Raku likes this.
  5. Just catching up on this. The Azrael costume looks awesome. Not too stoked about Fish being back, but hopefully the new dynamic to her character helps. They're finally bringing in the Court of Owls, interested to see how that goes. B.D. Wong has been a joy to watch all season.

Raku likes this.
  6. xkaylinh May 24, 2016
    (Last edited: May 24, 2016)
    I don't know if I'm going to stick around for next season. BD Wong was good as Strange, but that's about the only good thing about the back half of the season. I get that it's meant to be campy or whatever, but even with that in mind it's not particularly engaging.

Donal Logue isn't given very much to do, Harvey is too simple of a character for him to shine. Robin Lord Taylor and Cory Michael Smith are great, but Penguin and Nygma are continually put in positions where their potential is taken away from them. Jada Pinkett Smith is probably the weakest of the adult cast, and yet they keep bringing Fish back and giving her stupid material.

7. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Oh god the cynic in me hated this episode so much. Why the hell did Strange just have like a mental breakdown and bug the fuck out and run in between Freeze and Firefly? So damn stupid. Firefly clearly isn't going to be complacent, so take your other elemental psychopathic murderer and just fuggin leave. I hated that so much.

8. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I haven't watched since the Nygma arc where he got arrested . IMO the whole thing was really dragged out and I didn't find the Arkham Asylum arc interesting at all.

I preferred the more grounded first season. It was a little cartoonish sometimes but nowhere near as much as this season with the villains overacting and constantly coming back from the dead

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Wasting NO time.

[​IMG]

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Colby Searcy

They already said they were gonna use the Court, so not surprising. Still need to catch up on the last 1/2 of Season 2.

@Henry how many episodes did you get through before you stopped?

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

About five in the first season.

12. Colby Searcy

Any desire to catch up or at least watch S2?

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Probably not. I'm not one to jump back into things. I wasn't a fan of the direction they went in with a lot of things.

14. Sept. 19th. Court of Owls seems to be the major focus.

Raku likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Harley and Killer Croc are likely to appear at some point.

Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I have two episodes to catch up on with season two, but I've surprisingly have really enjoyed it, like a lot. I thought season one was just kind of so-so, and almost gave up on it, but for whatever reason season two has really clicked with me. Excited for season three.

Raku likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

I have the last 1/2 (11 episodes) of S2 recorded. Should really get around to watching those

Raku likes this.
  18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

For sure. I've enjoyed them.

Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. I'm digging the Mad Hatter and Alice. Bruce Wayne doppelganger not so much, but we'll see where it goes.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Are they doing Hush? lol

21. Not a comic reader, so idk ha.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Is basically a character who knew Bruce from a very young age who poses as him at some points. If you've played a certain video game, he has a really really fun story arc.

Batman: Hush is a really incredible story, written by one of the greats of the medium, Jeph Loeb. He's actually in charge of Marvel tv right now.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. Ah ok, that sounds cool. The doppelganger in Gotham came from Indian Hill. Bruce befriended him, but he has nefarious intentions for sure. Not sure if it's Hush, though. The focus this season seems to be on the Court of Owls and Mad Hatter.

Raku likes this.
  24. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I've enjoyed this season so far, much more than I did the start of season two

Raku likes this.
  25. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Outside of the ivy thing, it's been a good season. The end of last nights episode... Gonna be interesting.

Raku likes this.