Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gorillaz - Humanz Tour 2017 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 17, 2017.

1. fbrrocks

Trusted

No I don't and show sounded great. Really good sound there. New songs sound really good live. One reason they only let 150 in a 250 cap venue is cuz one side of the balcony area was set up for the choir and they brought lot more equipment they said that took up more room so less ppl got in

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  2. fbrrocks

Trusted

3. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

[​IMG]

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

How is Danny Brown not doing the Michigan show? Such a bummer

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I am now considering going to this solely for those two hahaha

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm almost more excited for the openers now even though I've seen Danny already

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm confused about this tour honestly because I thought at one point they said they were supposed to have a bunch of people featured on the album with them, but now is it just Vince & Danny? And if they're not even going to be with them in Chicago (which I'm sure is because of Pitchfork), I don't know if it's worth the $140+ I'd have to pay for tickets now when I'm reasonably comfortable they'll be back sooner rather than later (probably at Lolla next year). But if it's what I originally thought it was where it's a bunch of the features from the album performing alongside them, it's a different story.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They'll probably still have a ton of the people from the album show up during the Gorillaz set, they just won't get their own opening set. That's what happened during the Plastic Beach tour

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It says more guests to be announced soon right on the bottom of the poster

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My bad :) haha Still confused then if Danny and Vince will perform with Gorillaz even if they're not actually opening the date. I'll probably still try to go and see for myself.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So they aren't playing any of the singles from Demon Days on this tour... including Feel Good Inc

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I won free tickets from 101.1 for the Chicago show. It was a great show, but very different from what I expected. None of the virtual band members/characters really had anything to do with it except for seeing them on the screen once in a while. They did put on a hell of a show though and there was a lot of guests coming out and people on stage all the time, so it was really cool. Vince Staples was there for Ascension too which was unreal.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

They soundchecked "Feel Good Inc" and it was written on the setlist, just not played. So maybe it'll make an appearance.

tdlyon likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got back and the show was incredible. Vince and Danny were amazing (though I was actually surprised that Vince went on first and then Danny second, definitely expected the opposite), and then Gorillaz just sounded incredible. Setlist was excellent (would have been perfect if they played Feel Good Inc, which there was still 7 minutes left for at the end of the set. Really baffled as to why they're not playing it), and we even got Pusha T for the first time on this whole tour!

So glad I went to this

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think the reason Feel Good Inc has been missing from a lot of these shows is cuz De La Soul are on their own tour right now.
    Luckily they're on the bill for the Vegas show in September so they better play it then!

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I figured that was the reason, but there were quite a few songs throughout that they played without the guests, and they just either played the music video with the guest's audio left in or they played clips with the guests specifically shot for the tour. I definitely feel like it was an intentional decision not to play it, not one they were forced to make if that makes sense