Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gorillaz - Humanz (April 28,2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 23, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Agreed, wouldn't be Gorillaz without the features.

3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I'm really enjoying all 4 tracks, still don't care for Hallelujah Money though.

4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Saturnz Barz > Ascension > Andromeda > Hallelujah Money >>> We've Got the Power

These are my feelings. I also like We've Got the Power, it's just I would rank it on a tier below all the others.

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yea, apparently "We've Got The Power" is the single getting sent to alt rock stations. Seems like a bad choice.

6. So are there different album covers? The preorder page makes it look like there is?

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Seems like you get a random cover of one of the four members

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

streaming, digital download, and physical have variations on a cover. It seems like any physical is a random choice of one of their 4 faces

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

All of these songs have grown on me so much, can't wait for the album.

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Ascension
    Andromeda
    Hallelujah Money
    Saturnz Barz
    Getting hit by a car
    We Got The Power

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Only song that doesnt really click with me is We Got the Power. But Ascension, Andromeda and Saturnz Barz have been on repeat since Friday. In fact SB really grew on me after repeat listens.

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. Saturnz Barz is the most I've liked a pre-release single in a long time. Can't wait for new Gorillaz

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

How good are these?

14. Inna Selez

Regular

Outside Lands celebrate 10-year anniversary and Gorillaz will be headliners.

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

The top lines for this fest are insane. Gorillaz, Metallica, The Who, A Tribe Called Quest, Queens of the Stone Age, Alt J, Lorde, Fleet Foxes.

Really hope this means Gorillaz will be doing a full US tour. If not I may buy a day ticket for them and finally visit San Fran.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Recently came around on Plastic Beach and think it is excellent.

Revisiting the first album and... I'm not a fan. Were people super confused when they bought it expecting Clint Eastwood and got a fucking weird album?

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Saturnz Barz is cool but I can leave the rest of them and not come back. Not bad but not exciting at all for me unfortunately.

18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Man I do love that debut album, Demon Days is really held up as the classic but that first album is so diverse and interesting

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Haha I remember buying this the day it came out because I was so obsessed with that Clint Eastwood song, and I remember HATING the album lol. Luckily it grew on me years later.

I'd definitely say Demon Days is their best album.

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Some of it I still don't like (Double Bass, Dracula), but there are some strange sequencing things on the album.

Like Tomorrow Comes Today and New Genious right next to each other at tracks 3 and 4 on the album? Ending the album proper with M1A1? Weird stuff, haha.

Demon Days is their best.

21. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Never had Dracula on my version, also I bought that first b sides album and the Que Pasa Contigo with Damon in English is one of my all time favorite songs from this band

Crazy how that was back in 2001.

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'll definitely give that album some credit and say that it doesn't sound almost 17 years old.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

self titled is still my favorite, but Plastic Beach is so close behind. Still don't care for many tracks on Demon Days. Can't stand Last Living Souls, Kids With Guns or DARE even

24. VanMastaIteHab Apr 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2017)
    VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The end of Kids With Guns is one of my all-time favorite Gorillaz moments :(