Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gorillaz – “Hallelulah Money”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. I don't....I don't know.

3. Tata Toothy

Regular

This song is terrible. It had some potential and just kept falling flat. Hopefully this is just a interlude track. Otherwise this might be a rough CD.

shawnhyphenray likes this.
  4. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

uh this...what

5. James McKenzie

How do I chorus.fm?

Excellent, sounds exactly like what I'd expect from a Gorillaz song. Can't wait for the full album.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

What Gorillaz fan hears one song and automatically thinks "Yep, this is what the album sounds like."

trevorshmevor, Jason Tate and Brent like this.
  7. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Couldn't even listen to half of that. Disappointing.

Brent likes this.
  8. I thought this was dope

9. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

I don't think this song is on the new album either.

10. OotyPa

fall away

It's a political song meant to represent the unrest before D-Day tomorrow-- not really meant to be a single.

People should also know that every Gorillaz album is extremely diverse and never stick to one style. Plastic Beach had that song with Snoop Dogg, then "Cloud of Unknowing." It'll work in context, I'm sure. Albarn is a genius.

With that said, this is a dope video. The editing is seriously amazing.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The video itself is cool and I like the instrumental but I don't like dude's voice at all

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I thought Steve Carell's tweet about The Office coming back was the biggest joke this week. And then this was released.

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

sounds like the intro to an album, a really jarring 'first single' for an album that's for sure. it's haunting.... i think i love it? It has the background of an epic movie moment written all over it.

14. Tata Toothy Jan 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2017)
    Tata Toothy

Regular

The song is garbage regardless. I hope it's just the intro to the cd. Also I just said I hope the cd doesn't sound like this, where did I say it was automatically going to be this? So relax and dont put words in my mouth. It still wasn't a great song for the first release in 6 years. The video was the only entertaining part, the dudes voice really kills it for me. Maybe after time I will learn to enjoy it

I don't know if they will be able to top Plastic Beach anyways.

15. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

naw this song is tight.

I felt it immediately.

Aaron Mook likes this.