Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goose Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Drewski, Nov 19, 2020.

1. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

and a Merry Goosemas to all!

nl5011 likes this.
  2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

(dawn) is a pretty cool track. Starts out with a kind of Fleet Foxes/Local Natives vibe in the opening instrumental section, then turns into a STRFKR sorta dance party. Fun.

copey, nl5011 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Had no idea this was coming. Diving in now. Mmmmm

nl5011 likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This album fucks

copey and nl5011 like this.
  5. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Guess it's gonna be Hot Tea>Satellite on setlists now

nl5011 likes this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

copey and nl5011 like this.
  7. Serenity Now

Wishing they snuck in their 7 min Bon Iver cover with the album. That’s my only critique though.

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Don't you mean So Ready >Satellite? The Satellite is the second half of the usual So Ready jam.

nl5011 likes this.
  9. Wharf Rat

yes lmao thank you I always have trouble putting named/themed jams to their songs with the dead too.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

No worries haha.

Got shut out of Phish Mexico presale. If I get shut out during on sale tomorrow I'll probably just do both instead of one Goose night this weekend in anger.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Westville Music Bowl…what an amazing venue. Vibes last night were off the charts and that Factory Fiction was the highlight. Wish I was going tonight too.

nl5011 and Wharf Rat like this.
  12. Wharf Rat

Agreed all around. Great show and venue

13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

So, a few more thoughts on Saturday. I found the first set to be a bit disjointed musically, but the vibes in the venue made it so that it didn't matter very much. Definite highlights in the extended, fiery opening jam of Flodown and Pete's solo in Yeti (love the pink Strat). I took a video scanning the crowd during Yeti and everyone was getting down. An exhilarating sight to see.

20-minute Madhuvan set-closer seems like it should be a home run but I recall it not feeling terribly cohesive. A lot of Rick fireworks and Ben going nuts with crazy fills but I feel like they kept searching for a link that never fully materialized. I could be wrong, but I am curious to relisten.

Set two was pretty amazing front to back though: concise but out there Fish In The Sea, ripping Jive I, a funky Earthling or Alien, an always welcome Tumble (I've now seen Goose 4x, and have seen 4x Tumbles), and the winner of the night: that goddamn Factory Fiction!

Fun night no matter how you slice it, and I absolutely adored the venue. Great sightlines no matter where you are, good sound, incredibly kind staff, and I didn't wait a second for food (which was delicious), the bathroom, or a drink. I imagine it could get a little more chaotic at 100% capacity, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

14. Wharf Rat

I'd love to see that scan sometime

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Knew it was the best part of the show!

awakeohsleeper and nl5011 like this.
  17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

~30 minute Western Sun into a 20+ minute Echo of a Rose? My god.

neo506 likes this.
  19. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

That wierd fishes cover they just put out was dope

nl5011, Serenity Now and Drewski like this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Shakedown Street tease at 7:32.

Rick's shit-eating grin as the crowd flips out realizing it's Factory Fiction at 12:40...sooooo good. You could feel that in the venue.

21. Serenity Now

put out where?

22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

neo506 and Serenity Now like this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Okay yeah, Rick's sustains + Ben's fills at 6:25 in this Weird Fishes.

neo506 and nl5011 like this.
  24. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I’m really digging the Labyrinth into a killer Love is a Battlefield from Friday’s show. Labyrinth really benefits from the space in a live setting. Excited to hear the Spirit>7hunder from last nights show in Perry.

Drewski likes this.
  25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I feel like this is pretty significant success for a jam band? Good for them.

copey likes this.