Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goose Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Drewski, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goose is an American Indie-Groove band from Connecticut.

Goose could be likened to a keg party in the woods on a summer night with all of your closest friends. While behind this bonfire-lit gathering, further into the forest, there is a deeper mystery awaiting those looking for it.

— — —

This probably won't go anywhere, but I feel like this band is truly good enough to have a legit crossover from jam world into Chorus.fm world (see the reaction to the AUATC cover in the Bon Iver "i, i" thread). Two releases so far this year including Alive and Well, a collection of 2019's best live jams, and Night Lights, a 5-song EP featuring studio cuts of live mainstays.

They've taken a big leap the past two years thanks to some seriously creative and resourceful marketing in 2020, including a lot of drive-in shows, four socially-distanced outdoor shows, and a "Bingo Tour," a live-streamed, one-band, week-long festival from a Connecticut cabin where the songs were picked by bingo balls, with fans playing along on customized setlist bingo boards at home.

2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Anddddd this band continues to absolutely murder 2020. Free Goosemas livestream from a Rockefeller Center rooftop on Friday.

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Was absolutely blown away by Goosemas on Friday. The backdrop of Rockefeller Center and the city was gorgeous. The production value in terms of the sound mix and steadicam cinematography was just first class. The light-up panels under their feet were a great visual touch. And of course, the music was phenomenal with "All I Need" jam probably being the highlight.

No matter how you slice it, this band has gotten incredibly creative and hustled harder than ANYONE in 2020 to really make shit happen.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. zmtr

Trusted

this owns so hard

Serenity Now likes this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Dudddddeeee, hell yeah! That's a great version. Have you been diving in since the AUATC cover? A lot of jam fans absolutely hate Rick's use fo autotune/vocoder/whatever, but I'm sure you dig the JV vibes of it. @zmtr

There are actually two versions of this song: the slower dub version (Slow Ready) and a faster, rocking version (So Ready). I love this version of So Ready. That riff Rick rips off at 12:00 rules so hard.

Also, the band just released a remastered version of their 11/16/19 Buffalo show, which many consider to be one of their best, if not the best Goose show. The four-song first set is the stuff of legends: Atlas (14 minutes), Arcadia (23m), Indian River (11m), Drive (31m!). The last few minutes of the Indian River are just beautiful stuff. Don't sleep on the second set either: a great Slow Ready, fun Randy Newman cover, an amazing jam out of Take On Me and a double dose of Hot Tea.

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

How about this? Looks like they are part of the Vampire Weekend release tomorrow.

[​IMG]

zmtr likes this.
  7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

zmtr likes this.
  8. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

The vampire weekend song is awesome and has led me to checking these guys out. Listening to the Buffalo NY show now and it’s awesome. I’ve never ventured into jam band waters but I dig this

Wharf Rat and Drewski like this.
  9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I'll try to be more active in here. Love this band, seen em 5 times it'd probly be 10 if not for the panorama. Local boys for me too. Love them, just got off work, putting on the 2021 cut now

neo506 likes this.
  10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yet more new music: Ted Tapes 2021. For those of you a little skittish about diving into the live jam band waters, this could be fun for you. It's still jams, but it's just instrumental jams done during studio practice sessions and soundchecks for shows.

[​IMG]

“We’re really excited about Ted Tapes. It’s been freeing to put out these snapshots of the band in its rawest form, communicating without any performative expectations,” said Rick Mitarotonda (Guitar). “It’s been great fun putting together this album of some of our favorite cuts from these quiet moments just improvising together.”

Moby — 1.17.20 Moon Palace, Riviera Maya, MX

Dragonfly I — 9.1.20 T’s House, CT

Dragonfly II — 9.1.20 T’s House, CT

Europa — 4.30.19 T’s House, CT

Camino I — 6.4.20 T’s House, CT

Camino II — 6.4.20 T’s House, CT

Forest I — 9.3.20 T’s House, CT

Forest II — 9.3.20 T’s House, CT

Moon I — 5.14.19 T’s House, CT

Moon II — 5.14.19 T’s House, CT

Moon III — 5.14.19 T’s House, CT

Moon IV— 5.14.19 T’s House, CT

Valkyrie — 12.5.19 Aggie Theatre, Fort Collins, CO

Nebula I — 12.8.20 FTC, Fairfield, CT

Nebula II — 12.8.20 FTC, Fairfield, CT

Nebula III — 12.8.20 FTC, Fairfield, CT

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. Wharf Rat

lol i'm now waiting on two goose live double albums on vinyl. dope

neo506 and Drewski like this.
  12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Haha sameeeeee. Stoked for both, love the variants/pressings they went with. I went Tier 2 ($70+) on both, but realizing I should have gone for the top tier on Buffalo because WOW those test pressings are already fetching crazy money. There was only one test pressing for Ted Tapes 2021 apparently.

Still on the hunt for Alive and Well...

Wharf Rat likes this.
  13. Wharf Rat

Heh I just went for the regular on both and missed out on Alive and Well completely. I can more or less afford stuff like that now but I haven't adjusted my brain to it yet so I honestly never considered getting any of the fancy pressings

Drewski likes this.
  14. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I also missed Alive & Well but snagged the other two. I'm assuming they repress it at some point but maybe without the hand numbering.

They're playing a festival here this summer, but I just don't think we'll be out of the woods enough for me to go

Drewski and Wharf Rat like this.
  15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Now that I'm almost done with Ted Tapes 2021, I can confirm that this will be a great vinyl to put on at a late-night afterparty.

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ted Tapes 2021 now available on Spotify and other streaming platforms.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’ve followed this thread with the intention of giving this band a go for a very odd reason...

My wife’s family call her mum ‘Goose’ so the name stood out.

Hoping I enjoy this. Is the new release a good place to start? I watched a few live clips from earlier on in the thread.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  18. Wharf Rat

My dad's nickname was Goose among some of his friends too lol. The newest release (Ted Tapes) is great but probably not as representative of them as the one before it (11/16/19 buffalo). Can't go wrong though

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Soundboards from Swanzey finally dropped. Considering how good the Look Out Cleveland cover and jam is, VERY excited for the rest.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Man, this one is an absolute RIPPER. Wow.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Bunch of shows announced for May:

Wharf Rat likes this.
  22. Wharf Rat

every time they announce dates that don't include CT I get sad that I found out about them right *after* they stopped playing 90% of their shows locally. I still have the Creek for that I guess so whatever.

Ted Tapes vinyl shipped today I think, at least I just got charged for it

Drewski likes this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Nah, the charge was because funding period ended. Expected delivery is sometime in June.

They got 1,002% funded and $67,202 total. Between that and the Buffalo Bandcamp they did very well for themselves, I think.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Friday at midnight. Curious what they have up their sleeve.

25. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

FRESH GOOSE

Drewski likes this.