Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Google Chrome Will Automatically Block Annoying Ads

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

George Slefo, writing for Ad Age:

Google’s Chrome browser will soon come with preinstalled technology that will block the most annoying ads currently marring the web experience, the company confirmed on Thursday.

Publishers will be able to understand how they will be affected through a tool Google is dubbing “The Ad Experience Report.” It will basically score a publisher’s site and inform them which of their ads are “annoying experiences.”

At the same time, Chrome will give publishers the option to force a choice on people running their own ad blocking software: whitelist the site so its non-annoying ads can display or pay a small fee to access the content ad-free.

I’m assuming Google’s annoyingly shitty ads will display just fine? I think I’m fine with the move to build this into the browser, but I think Google’s own ads, specifically their tracking capabilities, are just as big a problem as the ones that dance all over my screen on Alternative Press’ homepage.

Raku likes this.
  2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

R.I.P. Forbes

3. Raku

Regular

I'm hoping this will block those ads that install malware, and adware. That's one of the reasons why I use adblock is because every computer I've managed to get them infected some form of virus. This computer with adblock with trend micro has been running fine since 2011 (although, its age is showing, I need a new computer cause this one is slow)

4. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

So altpress is fucked then

5. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

ALP press smacks my comp