Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goodbye, Weatherbox • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

The article describes Weatherbox's key member as the "Bob Dylan" of our generation. I think that's a bit of an over-statement. I also think that label gets applied too easily. Bummer on the hiatus though for real fans.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  2. One of my favorite bands. Bummed. Hope they come back soon.

3. grimis16

Regular

I'm thinking this is what he said, a hiatus, so I'm not hugely bummed. However they have been one of my favorite bands since the Clearing EP. Crazy how unappreciated they are too. I like the Front Bottoms, but thinking that they opened for them, among many other bands seems criminal. I never thought of Weatherbox as a band that appeals to the masses, and I feel a bit guilty that I cherish this fact so that I can keep them as "my" band.

Watched their last show from that Facebook live feed this morning and I've had American Art, Cosmic Drama, and Flies in All Directions on loop for the past day.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I watched the stream live last night and I straight up almost teared up during "Drag Out" when the crowd and him were singing the chorus.

"You won't find a band like mine.."

5. oxeneers

I have been following Brian (like most others here) for quite a while, and I do truly believe that to be the case. I haphazardly tried to make that argument with the videos I linked, but it's obviously a matter of subjectivity. I think Brian's songwriting ability and performances speak for themselves. But yes, this is a bummer hiatus.

That show was incredible. I'm almost 30 and I, alongside many others, walked out of the Che completely drenched in sweat and walked to my car in the misty, humid, and foggy San Diego night full of love. Incredible show. One of the best shows I've ever been to, in fact.

Brian spoke very little, if at all, and I think he let the performance speak for itself. Just a flat-out awesome show.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's so awesome man! I'm 29 so I feel you haha

I used to live in San Diego yearsssss ago in North Park but now I'm in the Bay Area. If I was anywhere near SD, I would have been there!

oxeneers likes this.