Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Omens (Amazon) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The series, which will be exclusive to Amazon, will consist of six one-hour episodes. The show is set in the year 2018, “on the brink of an apocalypse as humanity prepares for a final judgment.” Thankfully for humanity, a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon, both of whom have become quite fond of their lifestyles among the mortals, are not looking forward to the Rapture. And, of course, there’s the fact that someone has misplaced the Antichrist.

Tennant, who is best known for his work on Doctor Who and Jessica Jones, will play the role of Crowley, a demon, while Sheen will play the role of Aziraphale, the “somewhat fussy angel.” Sheen is coming off Showtime’s Masters of Sex.

Good Omens will mark the third television adaptation of a series based on Gaiman’s work, following American Gods on Starz and Lucifer on Fox. American Gods has already completed its first season run and has been renewed for a second season, while Lucifer, which is based on Gaiman’s Vertigo comics series, is set to debut its third season this Fall.

The series will be co-produced by BBC Studios with Narrativia, the production company of Terry Pratchett’s daughter Rhianna, and the Blank Corporation and in association with BBC Worldwide for Amazon Prime Video and the BBC. Following the show’s launch on Amazon Prime, the series will also be broadcast on BBC in the U.K. Gaiman adapted all six episodes of the series and will also serve as showrunner.

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch was first published in 1990 by HarperCollins.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Haven't read the book in a very long time but I remember it being hilarious.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

tucah likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Can't wait for this.

So that puts the premiere somewhere around February 2019.

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Oh man this sounds amazing

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

mad likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That outfit is unreal.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

troyplaysbass and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They need to stop, my heart can’t take any more.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. GBlades

Trusted

This looks awesome. I just hope it doesnt take a moment like American Gods. Looks fantastic but everyone and everything better not fuck up.

15. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

wow the casting in this are really great.

loved the book, here for this.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen Feb 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. drewinseries

Drew

lol that looks like a lot of fun.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

zigbigwig and drewinseries like this.
  20. tvck

Trusted

Can't wait

drewinseries likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s been almost a year and nothing has changed from this comment. I am not ready.

22. Highly recommend David Tennant's podcast. Love the convos he has with his guests.

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. I am just hearing about this now. Looks fun.

Also, new favorite gif

[​IMG]

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve been dying for Jon Hamm to be in something where I don’t loathe him completely.

25. He's only in one episode I think