Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. verses were promising but i'm not feeling that chorus at all

kind of a cool vibe overall though -- getting some heavy white noise-era PVRIS vibes

2. pbueddi

Trusted

Really like the song. I too wish there was a bit more "punch" in the verses, but it's not bad. Love this style of music for them though and can't wait for the album!

3. pbueddi

Trusted

4. TheJMan

Trusted

Really liked the new song and interested to see the direction of the new album.

It's cool to see bands like Good Charlotte, NFG and blink make pretty good comeback albums in the last few years.

pbueddi likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Loving the new song. So excited for this album.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I like that they are trying something new. Found the song a bit middling but decent.

7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is a great direction for them to go in imo. I'm so here for it!

pbueddi and TheJMan like this.
  8. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Like the new song. Get a bit of a Linkin Park vibe from it

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Song sounds a ton like Linkin Park. Digging it.

10. pbueddi

Trusted

11. pbueddi

Trusted

12. pbueddi

Trusted

New song is out in other countries. They were right when they said the new songs have more of a straight "rock" vibe.

13. pbueddi

Trusted

14. TheJMan

Trusted

Like this song lot. So far 2 for 2 with the new songs. I now have higher hopes for this album after really liking Youth Authority.

I'm a little surprised that according to iTunes the new album is only 9 songs with no bonus tracks which is very unlike GC though.

AlwaysEvolving21 and pbueddi like this.
  15. pbueddi

Trusted

yeah i saw that too. you would think they would have at least 10 songs. im sure there will be some b-sides/bonus tracks though. they always have some.

16. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I'm waiting to see whether to buy the album off of iTunes or see if they have some exclusive bonus tracks if you get it at Target/Amazon/Best Buy.

9 track is super light for GC, they seem to average around 13 songs before bonus tracks/B sides.

17. pbueddi

Trusted

Maybe it has something to do with them being independent now and doing things their own way? I don't know.

18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They're on BMG now.

19. pbueddi

Trusted

For distribution, yes. But they are on their own label, MDDN.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Man, I'm excited for this new album. I'm really digging the direction they went with these new songs.

pbueddi and TheJMan like this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Kuri44

New song Prayers is out there. It’s ok, nothing special. Classic slower GC song.

23. pbueddi

Trusted

i agree with the classic slow GC song sentiment, but i think its a little better than ok. was enjoyable for me at least.

Kuri44 likes this.
  24. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

This is 3/3 for me now - and I initially didn’t like Actual Pain all that much. Love the guitar part towards the end of Prayers. Shadowboxer is still my top pick so far.

pbueddi likes this.
  25. pbueddi

Trusted

3/3 for me as well, but I'll still put Actual Pain at the top.