Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ok?

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Just really surprising to see that album ranked last a lot, especially since Good Morning Revival and the heart one exist.

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

As someone who was into that kind of music when those records came out though, you need to understand the nostalgia factor with those records.(As with a lot of these bands) Those records got some people into Pop-Punk in the first place. I think the experience and possibly your opinion would be different on Chronicles if you went S/T- Y&H and then heard Chronicles.

4. Larry David

Yeah, I mean it's definitely not their worst record. I'll give you that

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, I didn't know anyone had been ranking their albums.

Chronicles is pretty decent from what I remember. Been awhile since I listened to that one.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's the thing though, I did haha. Didn't care for S/T that much, loved Y&H, and carried Chronicles in a Walkman for an embarrassing amount of time haha. I don't know, I never got any idea of how much different albums were liked before.

7. Larry David

You started with S/T and like Chronicles more?!

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

As someone who's been a GC fan since the late 90's (back when they were just a small local band from where I'm from), I'd say "Chronicles" is definitely their best record. To each their own, I guess.

GEM37 and CarpetElf like this.
  9. Tbh I don't think I've ever listened to Chronicles. I can't remember, was that a double album? Or was there like a different sequencing or something? I feel like I remember something weird with that one being released twice

10. Larry David

There were different versions that had different bonus tracks.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Larry David

:hearno::seeno::speakno:

12. pbueddi

Trusted

absolutely no reason youth authority should be last.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd rate TCOLAD way higher if every song was half as great as We Believe or Mountain. There's good songs on there but not enough

pbueddi likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

So evidently, Benji will be producing the upcoming Anti-Flag album. Go figure

pbueddi likes this.
  15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The twins manage A-F

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like War is the next single (or at least, that's what they're doing a video for.) Still a pretty great song

18. pbueddi

Trusted

very interesting choice. personally, i like the song, but wouldn't expect it to be chosen for a single. still listen to this album regularly. might be recency bias, but it might be my favorite from them.

19. pbueddi

Trusted

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Cool video, apparently that's Billy's older son playing one of the kids

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Happy 15th to Y&H. Album holds up better than at LEAST 80% of other pop-punk albums don't @

The Lucky Moose and pbueddi like this.
  22. pbueddi

Trusted

the album that essentially got me into music!

23. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

F A C T S

24. TheJMan

Trusted

Y&H being 15 years old makes me feel super old. I remember going out and getting it on release day my freshmen year of college. Between the self titled and Y&H, these are such great pop punk albums.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. pbueddi

Trusted

TheJMan and The Lucky Moose like this.