Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Apple Music exclusive for a week

It'll be there Friday

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I think "The Outfield" and "Moving On" are my two favorites from the album. Really enjoying this one.

3. image.jpeg

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope

5. Kuri44

Good Morning Revival turns 10 today

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually really like Youth Authority.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. Kuri44 Mar 26, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017)
    Kuri44

It's probably their best since The Young and the Hopeless imo.

I was a big fan of their first two albums. Chonicles and GMR both had one two songs with Cardiology being a big improvement.

1. TYATH
    2. GC
    3. YA
    4. Cardiology
    5. GMR
    6. TCOLAD

TheJMan likes this.
  8. Kuri44

Yeah never mind, just gave GMR a spin, I like it better than TCOLAD for sure

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This is exactly where I fit.

Kuri44 likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The first two are switched for me (saw way too many fun shows supporting that record) but other than that yeah.

11. hienz4

1. Young And The Hopeless
    2. Chronicles Of Life And Death
    3. Good Charlotte
    4. Good Morning Revival
    5. Cardiology
    6. Youth Authority

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I hate that album, but it's interesting hearing members of the band talk about it. Like it's this huge turning point for them. Joel even referred to GMR as being "ahead of its time". And I don't get that. It's an album that had a handful of dance rock songs on it at a time when that music was popular. Oh well, maybe it's due for some sort of critical reevaluation.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also yeah, Y&H > S/T >>>> Youth Authority >>>>>>>> Cardiology >>>>>>> TCOLAD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

14. TheJMan

Trusted

I agree with you. First time I ever saw or heard of them was in the summer of 2001 when they played at 104 Fest in CT and they played a hell of a set in 20 minutes or so. I immediately became a fan. A few of my friends who were with me bought their CD at the event, even got the band to sign it, and we listened to it all the way home. They even played at the next year's 104 Fest too. Their first two albums were great and I saw them a bunch of times supporting both albums and they were always fun shows.

15. slimfenix182

Yup I was at that Fest haha. Both actually. I saw them play with Midtown and Mest and man, one of my favorite shows. I left that show drenched and beat and it was great. Just something about that first album was so fun live.

16. TheJMan

Trusted

There aren't any songs that I skip over on that 1st album either, just a good solid pop punk album.

I really wish I had a list of all the bands that played at those two 104 Fests that blink headlined. I remember searching for it with my Google machine awhile back but really couldn't get a complete list.

17. slimfenix182

2001: Main Stage: Saliva, The Crystal Method, Sum 41, New Found Glory, blink 182
    Rest: Throne, The Calling, Good Charlotte, Boy Hits Car, Cold, Stroke 9, Dave Navarro, Alien Ant Farm, Sibil, Grey Cell Green, Evil Beetles, Scapegoat Wax, Prime S.T.H., Jimmy Eat World, Facing Sideways, Grover Dill, Faultline, Poetic Pan, Bad Ronald, Crashpalace

2002: Main Stage: Saves The Day, Green Day, blink 182
    Rest: Grover Dill, Throne, 2 Skinnie J's, Trik Turner, Remy Zero, B.R.M.C., Mest, Sugarcult, Good Charlotte, The Used, Riddlin' Kids, Gob, Reveille, Headstrong, Andrew W.K., Abandon Pools, Quarashi, Unwritten Law

Just so happen to have the fliers from both, you're welcome haha

God I saw Throne and Grover Dill so much. They were the local bands that opened literally every show. Throne was so terrible. Grover Dill for local pop punk, watchable haha.

TheJMan likes this.
  18. TheJMan

Trusted

You're the man.

I could have sworn JEW was at the 1st Fest but didn't really remember them.

Not sure which concert had the better line up. Really good bands in both shows. I think I liked blink/GD combo though that was a great set by both bands.

19. slimfenix182

Yeah I think the 2nd was def better. And I had Reveille's album back in the day, wasn't super into them but I was sitting up on the hill for their set and there was one song like the whoooole crowd was jumping up and down and it was one of the coolest things I've seen at a show.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

There anyone who still listens to Youth Authority. I still really like to love a solid amount of it, especially Reason to Stay

21. TheJMan

Trusted

The only bands that weren't on the main stage from the 2nd concert I remember were Sugarcult, Unwritten Law and GC. I remember really liking Stroke 9 at the 1st show, they played a hell of a set and the crowd was super into them.

22. slimfenix182

The thing I remember most about the 2nd show besides main stage was Dee Snider doing We're Not Gonna Take It with Mest haha

23. TheJMan

Trusted

YES! I remember that too now that you mention it. Didn't he do something similar at the 1st show but it was on the main stage, maybe with Saliva?

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Revisiting Youth Authority a lot today. Pretty solid album. Some really fun tracks.

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I saw the thread and was baffled as to how this band is being talked about and now I'm even more baffled because Chronicles is so far and away their best album it's like someone said Chuck is the worst Sum 41 album.