Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Pretty dumb this isn't on Spotify. Seems like I might enjoy this but I'm sure as hell not going to blindly buy something with 40 oz. Dream on it lol.

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Seems really odd that it isn't, especially considering streaming factors into sales/charts now.

3. slimfenix182

Yeah that too for sure.

4. skurt

I wonder what this will sell, I remember Cardiology was pretty low.

5. slimfenix182

Idk maybe blink doing well a few weeks ago makes some more people check it out just cause nostalgia. I really don't get not streaming though. Prob cancels out any extra benefit.

6. doubledribble

Regular

Was an Apple Music exclusive this week. Will be on all streaming services on Friday

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Played this today, and Jason wasn't kidding. This is really good, I'm kind of surprised even though I liked most of the pre-released songs. Solid almost all the way through. 40 oz is honestly the only song I'd skip on here, everything else works.

Feels good to finally really, really enjoy an album by them, though it'd be great if this came out years ago when I was still really into GC. But yeah, absolutely their best and most well put together album since 02.

Schooner likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

And for reference, I love the first two albums (like everyone else?), like almost half of TCOLAD, hated GMR, and enjoyed the majority of Cardiology.

9. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i would be surprised if this gets over 50-60k.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

It won't. Won't even sell more than Cardio did, either.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, Greetings from California was pretty stellar. Had some dope songs on there.

12. slimfenix182

One listen through this didn't really grab me. It wasn't bad. I'll give it a chance to grow on me though. Makeshift Love, Life Can't Get Much Better, and The Outfield were really the only ones I enjoyed much.

13. slimfenix182

Projected 15-17k sales plus streaming

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow, I know sales are different in this day and age but isn't that like really bad?

FTank likes this.
  15. Schooner Jul 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 18, 2016)
    Schooner

Trusted

Surely they get even at least that amount in Australia where they're still huge and are coaches on the voice for last half decade

tdlyon likes this.
  16. slimfenix182

Seems pretty bad, I thought they'd do YC or NFG numbers like around 30ish. For a band like GC that was pretty damn big at one point, that's less than 10% of what blink just did. I thought blink coming out with a well-received pop-punk album 2 weeks before might give them a nostalgia boost or something.

FTank and tdlyon like this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought the exact same thing. that number seems absurdly low.

18. skurt

Cardiology debuted at #31 back in 2010 and dropped off in 2 weeks, so 15-17k for this isn't too bad but damn considering how big they were back in the day that's rough.

19. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I knew this album was coming out and I even forgot about it. This album hasn't exactly gotten a blink-like sales push. Sales are prob low b/c of being overshadowed and little to no promotion.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to Good Morning Revival for the first time in years. Dear god, this is bad... how was this allowed to be released?

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finally got around to listening to the new one and liked it surprisingly a lot. I love the first two albums (mostly for nostalgia reasons), Chronicles is mostly good and the rest are super hit or miss, but I'd definitely put this up there with the first three. Might even try to catch a show if they go on tour after Warped, I never got around to seeing them

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know if I've heard the first album...

23. slimfenix182

First one is still my favorite. And I saw so many shows when they toured it, just a fun album.

24. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Why isn't "YA" on Spotify but the first 4 songs are?

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Singles, I'm guessing.