Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

My bad! Im totally with you though. You would think they have something planned for this year.

2. TheJMan

Trusted

I would think every band would considering they had nothing to do in over a year.

pbueddi likes this.
  3. pbueddi

Trusted

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I have been on a massive Good Charlotte kick this week.

The Young and the Hopeless remains my favorite. Chronicles is such an interesting album. Some great songs on there, but the whole thing is a touch too melodramatic.

Good Morning Revival is also interesting. I HATED it when it came out and I can see why, but there's some very interesting songwriting choices mixed with terrible but interesting lyrics. Overall it holds together as a more cohesive album that I realized in my youth.

j0nnymarrzbar, tomdelonge and pbueddi like this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I just listened to Youth Authority yesterday. Love that album.

6. I have a hard time going back to their early stuff but I've found their last two albums very enjoyable

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

I still bump the self-titled somewhat regularly. So much nostalgia wrapped up in that record

TheJMan and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Was surprised by the obvious rap influences on that album

9. pbueddi

Trusted

Would love if they put out something new this year. Unfortunately the only thing i see from them lately is nft related stuff…

10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The twins always seemed into rap

pbueddi and JRGComedy like this.
  11. TheJMan

Trusted

I could listen to the self titles and TY&TH any time, love those first two records. Still have trouble getting into Chronicles and Good Morning Revival outside of a few songs. I remember not really loving Cardiology but it really aged well especially the back half of the album.

Yes we need a new GC this year for sure.

pbueddi, j0nnymarrzbar and 333 GANG like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

TY&TH is one of the best pop-punk albums of that era imo

hienz4, pbueddi, JRGComedy and 3 others like this.
  13. The Lucky Moose Jan 14, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2022)
    The Lucky Moose

I adore The Chronicles of Life and Death and The Young and the Hopeless and also really liked Self Titled and Youth Authority. I also enjoyed Greetings From California a lot and wish it would come to streaming.

As far as the rest goes, I really like some songs on them but I do not love them as a whole. Cardiology comes closest to me liking the whole album, but Good Morning Revival has the biggest standouts. Genereation Rx is probably good, but somehow it just didn't click for me.

Ranking:

The Chronicles of Life and Death
    The Young and the Hopeless
    Good Charlotte
    Youth Authority
    (Greetings From California)
    Cardiology
    Good Morning Revival
    Generation Rx
    Greatest Remixes

I think it's definitely the peak of what you could call the major label pop punk sound.

Crisp X likes this.
  14. The Chronicles Of Life And Death remains one of my favorite albums to come out of this era. The diversity of sounds of it, in the context of the more traditional pop-punk they were putting out until then, still astounds me. I know it seems to have more of a mixed reception but for me they pulled it off and I wish they would’ve remained this adventurous (for the lack of a better word) later in their career. It definitely deserves more credit than it gets.

pbueddi and The Lucky Moose like this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

I agree. I still listen to it a lot. I feel like a lot people hated on this album that definitely would have praised this album if a different band name would have been on the cover.

I do however think that wasn't the last time they experimented. Good Morning Revival was very experimental I think. It just didn't work out in many cases, in my opinion.

16. Crisp X Jan 14, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2022)
    Yeah I thought after that album their experiments were hit or miss. I dislike half of Good Morning Revival because it just doesn’t seem to commit to a direction. I wish they would’ve went harder on the electronic/dancey influences and not reverted back to a ballad or a more early GC sounding traditional song in between.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Little Things is one that is connected to another great music memory for me. My wife and I went to see Mixtapes play at Mahalls in Lakewood, OH a few years back and between songs Ryan just started playing quick covers - and ended up on the guitar part for Little Things. The full band kind of joined in, Ryan starts doing the rap parts and the crowd is shouting all the responses- “FIFTY FIIIIIVVE”. Just a fun night at a great venue with a band that doesn’t exist anymore unfortunately.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I actually think the more traditional songs ended up being the better ones on that record :crylaugh:

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Every song on The Young and the Hopeless is good, but The Anthem through Girls & Boys is a run of pop punk brilliance.

TheJMan and The Lucky Moose like this.
  20. pbueddi

Trusted

Good Morning Revival might have been better received if it was released a few years later. Side note, Broken Hearts Parade is still such a good song (you either love or hate the horns).

21. pbueddi

Trusted

Rankings based on how I feel today:

The Young and the Hopeless
    The Chronicles of Life and Death
    Generation Rx
    Youth Authority
    Cardiology
    Good Morning Revival
    Good Charlotte

It sucks to put GMR so low since there are a few songs I really like.

22. The Lucky Moose

Amazing song

pbueddi likes this.
  23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

First album will always be my fave. As much as I loved Y&H at the time it doesn't hold up as much when I try to listen to it now, idk.

j0nnymarrzbar likes this.
  24. 333 GANG

ACAB

Never heard of Greetings from California. What is it?

25. The Lucky Moose

The brothers put out that album as The Madden Brothers