Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sexiest woman alive

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

get it? actual pain! :crylaugh:

pbueddi likes this.
  3. pbueddi

Trusted

Didn't know this podcast was a thing. Gonna have to give the first few episodes a listen. Benji even retweeted it.

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Thinking about this band today. I ended up finding Billy Martin's twitter and discovered in addition to playing guitar, he's also a comic book artist and beatmaker. As someone who also plays guitar, draws, and makes beats, I feel qualified to say dude's massively talented. Like, he's drawn for Marvel while putting out bangers with Good Charlotte and he's so low key about it! I've been a GC fan since I was literally ten years old but I gained even more respect for them today

5. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah I have followed Billy's stuff for a while now. I love his art style. He actually got to do some stuff for the Nickelodeon version of the Ninja Turtles. There was a podcast he was on recently where he talked about all the things he is involved with (starting all the way back with GC), and it was really cool to hear. This is the youtube video, but they have it in podcast form as well:

Side note: I really hope we get one more GC records at some point.

skogsraet likes this.
  6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Oh man this looks like a great listen. Gonna have to dive into this later. Thanks for the link!

pbueddi likes this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think he also drew/wrote a children’s book in the 00s

skogsraet and pbueddi like this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah he talks about that. Said looking back it wasn't really that good lol.

The Lucky Moose and skogsraet like this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

It was a different time lol

pbueddi likes this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

Random thought but I wish I would have picked up the self-title on vinyl when enjoy the ride records released it. I only got TYATH. Now it's hard to find.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

This is going to be a super random post, but oh well. Something little has been bothering me for the longest time and I finally figured it out. Long story short, I always thought that the album version of Actual Pain sounded the slightest bit different than the original single release. I finally went back and found the single version to compare. There are a few small differences that I hear. First, the sound of the single version just seems to "punch" a bit more overall. You can especially hear this right before the chorus comes in for the final time after the bridge/solo. Second, there are some guitar tones/picking (not sure what to call it) that are more prominent throughout in the single version. Finally, in the second verse of the single version, there is a quick guitar chug or something (again not sure what to call it) right as the line "I don't need a reason to believe" come in. All in all, I much prefer the single version to what was on the final album.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands to analyze something like this lol. But I'd love to hear someone else's opinion so I know I'm not crazy. Let me know if you want me to send you the single version for comparison. Obviously, good quality audio equipment or headphones will help. This isn't the first time I've noticed something like this with them either. The same thing happened with Makeshift Love when it was released. The single version had more prominent guitar, while the album version had more prominent electronic beats thrown in.

Ok that's it. Rant over!

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I don't remember hearing that, but I do remember it for Makeshift Love, so I believe it

pbueddi likes this.
  13. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

Maybe message Zakk Cervini about this? He'd probably be happy to go into to be fair haha

pbueddi likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

What's the best way to get in touch with him?

15. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

DM him on Instagram, he's pretty responsive on there

pbueddi likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

nice read

The Lucky Moose and pbueddi like this.
  17. pbueddi

Trusted

I wonder if anything is planned for the anniversary.

18. Never got into that album, weirdly.

19. pbueddi

Trusted

Same here, but I'd still love to see something done for it.

20. The Lucky Moose

I like it way more now than I did then

21. trevorshmevor Sep 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2020)
    Record’s a blast, if not for maybe feeling its length in those last few tracks. First seven songs make up such a classic run tho

333 GANG, pbueddi and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

First record is great. Has some of the their best songs

TheJMan likes this.
  23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Easily still my favorite

j0nnymarrzbar and TheJMan like this.
  24. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah the self titled album is definitely my favorite. The first time I saw them live in 2001 at a festival in CT. I had know idea who they were but loved the set so much I got the CD the next day and have been a fan since. A couple of my friends met Joel and Benji that day and got their autographs on the CDs they got at the show (they also met Travis Barker like a minute later). Damn 2001 and the lack of cell phone service at venues.

333 GANG likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The shows for their first album were insanely fun. That definitely informs my bias for it haha.

SpinelessYesBloke likes this.