Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

I like it live better than the album version.

2. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

I've never been aware of them playing 1979 live which is strange to me given it's a great song and was actually a single.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I could swear they played it when I saw them a few years ago but I might also be wrong

4. TheJMan

Trusted

According to setlist.fm they never played 1979 live.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to Cardiology yesterday. It’s good.

6. Mcrx

Regular

Finished off a complete mp3 listening binge with this song. I can still remember when this was "my" album! It wasn't too much before I got into MCR and is probably what led to my immediate interest in the macabre of it all!

skogsraet, pbueddi and Crisp X like this.
  7. Serh Feb 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2022)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh shit. apparently roger combs, j&b's father, died less than a year ago

8. pbueddi

Trusted

So maybe that's why the tour dates were canceled and we haven't heard much from the band? Sad to hear :(

9. pbueddi

Trusted

Anyone catch the livestream? Was actually pretty cool. Sounds like they will do more in the future. It was cool to see some of the old band/tour/promo stuff, and to hear some of the older songs.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone got a setlist. their tweets emphasized songs they haven't played in ages

11. pbueddi

Trusted

Don't remember the exact order, but it was something like this:

Screamer
    The Motivation Proclamation
    Seasons
    East Coast Anthem
    Wondering
    Hold On
    I Just Wanna Live
    The River
    Brother (From their Madden Brother record)
    The Anthem

I think that's everything.

Mcrx likes this.
  12. TheJMan

Trusted

Damn I hope it gets uploaded to Youtube so I can watch/rip it that’s a good set list.

13. pbueddi

Trusted

It was just nice to see them again. Haven't really heard anything significant from them or the band in quite a while.

14. TheJMan

Trusted

I think they’re taking a break due to Benji’s newborn. Hopefully they plan on heading back to the studio this summer/fall.

Mcrx and pbueddi like this.
  15. pbueddi

Trusted

Man I hope so! What route would you want them to take on a new record?

16. TheJMan

Trusted

I don’t really care to be honest with you. I usually like whatever they put out. They haven’t made an album that I have ever been disappointed with and feel like they can make a good throwback album ala YA or go darker like Generation RX and I dig most of it. What about you?

pbueddi likes this.
  17. SpinelessYesBloke

When Zakk Cervini was on my podcast last year, he hinted about the direction the next record go in :-)

TheJMan and pbueddi like this.
  18. pbueddi Apr 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2020)
    pbueddi

Trusted

I did not know of this podcast. I will have to give it a listen. Thanks! Do you have a link?

19. pbueddi

Trusted

This is just me speaking right now, so my feelings could obviously change, but part of me would like to see them go the "mature" route again (I know that's not always a word you want to hear in music). More specifically, I almost wish they could take the second half of Cardiology (1979, There She Goes, Right Where I Belong) and mix in a little bit of Chronicles (Mountain, We Believe). I'm not sure if that makes sense, or even if it is a good idea, but that's where I'm at lol. But yeah, I'll take anything and will always be thankful to get new music.

20. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I would sign up for that in a second. That 2nd half of Cardiology is some of their best work for sure. I liked the first half of Generation RX too.

pbueddi likes this.
  21. SpinelessYesBloke

Thank you, just google 'The Wasting Time Podcast'. I'm pretty big fan like yourself, so we've had some other people key to MDDN such as Josh Madden and Kellin Quinn.

I hope they go in the direction that Zakk hinted at!

pbueddi likes this.
  22. pbueddi

Trusted

Awesome! Good to know. Now that you say that, I might have heard the one with Josh Madden. It was an interesting listen!

Edit: I listened to the one with Sebastian from Simple Plan too!

23. Damn I would love that!

And what's the direction they supposedly hinted at least year? I guess a lot could have changed since

pbueddi likes this.
  24. pbueddi

Trusted

That episode of the podcast is next on my list!

25. SpinelessYesBloke

Amazing, thank you!

pbueddi likes this.