Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. TheJMan

Trusted

I hope everyone is ok.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

pbueddi likes this.
  3. pbueddi

Trusted

Submitted this to news earlier. I like Joel's part a lot. No idea who this guy is though.

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Vic Mensa is a very popular rapper, and 93PUNX is the name of his side project.

pbueddi likes this.
  5. pbueddi

Trusted

Anyone know what happened to these guys? Seems like they dropped off the map again after having to cancel those summer tour dates.

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Didn’t they cancel for personal reasons? They might be taking a break for those same reasons

7. pbueddi

Trusted

Wish we knew a little more about it, just with regards to the status of the band. Like if they are back on hiatus or whatever.

8. The Lucky Moose

I highly doubt it

9. pbueddi

Trusted

BlackwingE likes this.
  10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Probably an unpopular take, but Cardiology is great. I think it’s completely underrated.

SpinelessYesBloke and BornToRun like this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

not sure if i'd say great but certainly deserves some more respect. actually played crash not too long ago. it's honestly the rare GC track that seamlessly blends a rockier edge with some electronic elements. wish it was never a bonus track. hell, i'd say it unquestionably should've been the first single instead of that abortion they went with

12. The Lucky Moose

I think I love about half of Cardiology and don’t really care about the rest. It probably is underrated though.

pbueddi likes this.
  13. pbueddi

Trusted

This is exactly how I feel. The back half of the record is actually some really good stuff.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I relistened to the Chronicles of Life and Death this week

Petit nain des Îles and pbueddi like this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

I still listen to that several times a year

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It holds up pretty well! The darker edge of some of the songs suits them pretty well

17. pbueddi

Trusted

Outside of a few songs, that whole record is actually some of their best work imo.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. I like most of their discography but Chronicles is miles ahead of the rest and what most pop punk bands were putting out at the time imo. Hot take, but it should be seen as a classic. The creativity, the diversity, the range of influences... that album holds up so well.

19. The Lucky Moose

I agree

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Their first three albums are great for me, I have a soft spot for a lot of GMR, but everything after that is super hit or miss for me

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. The Lucky Moose

I really like the comeback album, not so much the last one they put out

22. pbueddi

Trusted

I still spin both fairly regularly. Wish Generation rx was a bit longer of an album though.

23. The Lucky Moose

It was a little one note for me. It's not that I don't like the songs, it's that I kind of can't distinguish them in my mind after listening to the album for a few times lol

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah I can see that. I do love the run of the first 4 songs though.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I really like Actual Pain

pbueddi likes this.