Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose Sep 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It's in a tough spot. It is a very good pop punk album, but when I want to listen to pop punk Good Charlotte I'll always listen to The Young and Hopeless because it's just undeniable.

FTank and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  2. pbueddi

Trusted

There is something about the audio/mixing on their self-titled that is just off to me. Also I just don't like many of the songs on it.

3. The Lucky Moose

I really like WaldorfWorldWide, Seasons, I Don't Wanna Stop and especially The Motivation Proclamation. Those are the only songs I go back too from that album.

4. The Lucky Moose

This isn't on Self Titled, but I just remembered how much I love Wounded, which is a regular Chronicles of Life And Death track on Spotify but was a hidden track on my CD. I literally remember hearing it for the first time because I was too lazy to get my Discman out of my backpack. I'm so fucking old.

EDIT: Great, I'm looking at Discman on Amazon.

bradsonemanband and pbueddi like this.
  5. BlackwingE

Trusted

I like the sound on their debut much better than that shitty Eric Valentine mix on both Y&H and Chronicles. However, the only songs I go back to are WaldorfWorldwide, East Coast Anthem, I Heard You and Screamer.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

The only albums I really think are listenable for me are the two new ones. They’re very good imo.

7. Analog Drummer Sep 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2018)
    Analog Drummer

Regular

I truly can’t split albums 1,2,3,6,7
    But can def say I have GMR 6th and Cardiology 7th. Both do have a few songs I love. Espresh a few at the start of GMR like The River (maybe my fave GC song )

8. Kuri44

Young and The Hopeless
    Good Charlotte
    Youth Authority
    Good Morning Revival
    Generation Rx
    Cardiology
    The Chronicles of Life and Death

9. BlackwingE

Trusted

Top 10 in no order

The Anthem
    The Day That I Die
    I Just Wanna Live
    The River
    Broken Hearts Parade
    There She Goes
    Life Changes
    Self Help
    Leech

Worst songs:

The Truth
    Keep Your Hands Off My Girl
    Cars Full of People

10. pbueddi

Trusted

Aww man I love the truth! If any track is bad off that album it's ghost of you. Ill have to think a bit before making my list.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

No order

The Anthem
    Young & The Hopeless
    We Believe
    Mountain
    The River
    Broken Hearts Parade
    There She Goes
    Life Changes
    Rise
    Self Help

BlackwingE likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm actually going through their discography for the first time in years and I like the old stuff so much more than I remembered. I just finished Life and Death and I've enjoyed everything so far.

I think I have more nostalgia for them than I thought

pbueddi and Analog Drummer like this.
  13. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

This clearly tied in with the falling out they had with Feldmann I'd say?

14. pbueddi

Trusted

Would seem that way. I wonder exactly what happened? They have always had a good relationship.

15. The Lucky Moose

How did you guys know this happened? I can't even find anything on Google

16. pbueddi

Trusted

I don't remember exactly, but I know part of it was Feldmann not following them on instagram anymore.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

lol I hate 2018

SpinelessYesBloke likes this.
  18. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

I heard Feldmann mentioning falling out with two people from a band that he'd made music with on a podcast over money. They were his managers when they started MDDN, and stopped pretty quickly. You can see that they've gone from being good friends to not following/ever mentioning each other anymore. Of course I don't know this for sure, but it all adds up. It's a shame because aside from producing YA, Feldmann co-wrote some of their bigs hits like 'The Anthem' and 'I Just Wanna Live'. It's a bit awkward when they say things like "YA wasn't written from a place of honesty".

For the record, I love both Feldmann and the Maddens, and I think Generation Rx is pretty fucking good!

BlackwingE and The Lucky Moose like this.
  19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Crazy that at this point I’ve heard less than half their discography.

20. TheJMan

Trusted

I'm kind of surprised by the lack of love their 1st album gets. I personally love it but admit it's most likely due to the fact that I saw them in September 2001 play live at a festival and really loved their set. I ended up buying the CD later that day at their merch stand where I met them. To me nothing they do will top their first two albums. But with that being said I've been listening to GC non stop all weekend and today and man I fell in love with the band all over again. Such a great/fun pop punk band.

21. The Lucky Moose

plus they guyliner game is impeccable

22. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

Just finished listening to Generation Rx and I absolutely love it!

Also, Good Morning Revival is wicked Underrated.

BlackwingE, jorbjorb and Nate_Johnson like this.
  23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

First listen to Generation Rx... holy boring. It felt like the same song for the last like 5 straight songs. No thanks.

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The last five songs sound very little alike.... weird.

BlackwingE and pbueddi like this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Not their best but it'll always be my favorite tbh. Those songs are so fun and the shows supporting it were some of my favorite ever

TheJMan likes this.