Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Good Charlotte are an American rock band from Waldorf, Maryland that formed in 1996. Since 1998, the band's constant members have been lead vocalist Joel Madden, rhythm guitarist and vocalist Benji Madden, bassist Paul Thomas, lead guitarist and keyboardist Billy Martin and drummer Dean Butterworth, who has been a member of the band since 2005. - Wikipedia

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Physical pre-orders for Youth Authority are now live.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll probably jam the new album a fair amount, if the singles are any indication.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Likewise. Very much looking forward to the new album.

5. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I like this one a lot.

6. the chorus is way too similar to Bon Jovi

7. I'm gonna have to do a live blog of this album. It might be the beer, but I actually think this is the first GC album I've liked in a very, very long time on first listen. Some of it's not great, but, it's ... it's kinda good.

bradsonemanband and Peachfuzz like this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm really surprised.

First one since Young and the Hopeless?

9. Yep.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked about half the songs on Cardiology, but the two albums before it stunk.

11. Brandon Allin

I haven't been into this band's records since The Young and the Hopeless, so that's good news for me.

12. Ok, yeah, this is definitely the best album they've done since Y&H. Fuck it, I'll say it. This is a damn good pop album. Is it making my EOTY list? No idea, but like, these are really solid pop-rock songs. It's on par with that last All Time Low album, better than the last few NFG albums, and I like it more than all the current pop-punk bands. Haha, it's catchy, fun, kinda ridiculous, but all about the choruses. Fuck it, I like it.

stollio likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmmm... I know I'm a bigger fan of ATL than you are but this may be too much hype for me to handle.

14. Like, it almost could be the follow-up to their last album. "Stray Dogs" has a chorus that I could hear Alex singing. I mean, it's totally produced as hell, it's pop, it's everything people that hate Feldmann are going to point to, but I like it ... if that makes sense. Like fuck it, it's good pop music.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, confirmed, I'm gonna love this.

"First listen" in the supporter forum??

16. I think so!

FTank likes this.
  17. Paul Beaumont

All the tracks I've heard so far have been really bad from the new one. The last one was awful as well, real shame because I actually was a fan of all the others up until the last one.

18. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Makeshift Love was ok, 40 oz. Dream was meh, but Life Changes sounds pretty cool!

19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Haven't listened to any of the new songs, but I liked Cardiology, loved Good Morning Revival and dug a good bit of The Madden Brothers album. Hopefully I'll dig this.

BornToRun likes this.
  20. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Same for me, Cardiology has a bunch of great songs, and I listen A LOT to Good Morning Revival while in high school.

21. Paul Beaumont

Good Morning Revival was a great album at the time. I still enjoy a few tracks from it whenever they happen to come on.

Peachfuzz likes this.
  22. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Like everything I have heard from this so far. Just really good pop-punk.

Man who'd have guessed a few years ago we'd have new Blink 182, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, and Sum 41 all in the same year.

23. Brandon Allin

Looks like there are going to be different versions of this with different bonus tracks. I saw a listing earlier for one from HMV with 2 different bonus tracks than the regular one.

24. jordanjohnson09

Regular

looks like it found its way on the internets