Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte/Silverstein/Waterparks/Movements tour (Canada) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cricketandclover, Feb 14, 2017.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

[​IMG]

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Solid lineup! I'd usually complain about this not coming to the U.S. but the support on their U.S. tour was pretty good too.

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

What, no Montreal? Count them in for Rockfest. Silverstein was on last year which is a bummer.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I wish this was in the States.

5. emojedi

Trusted

Waterparks are god tier so dope

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I'm not sure every band touring Canada and not coming to Montreal is a conclusive lock for Rockfest but it would be nice. Also, maybe their old stuff would play but I can't imagine the Rockfest crowd would be into anything after Young and the Hopeless.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I feel the same way about Good Charlotte (and Simple Plan) doing Riot Fest.

9. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

You're absolutely right but it still makes sense. Not sure why else they would skip it considering a lot of the smaller markets they are hitting.

10. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah in my experience, Canada is sort of strange. Certain tours seem almost arbitrary with the bookings (i.e. shows playing London after Buffalo without a Toronto stop and completely bypassing Ottawa on the way to Montreal.).

redwing91007 likes this.
  11. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I see Riot Fest as a little more friendly to the more pop-heavy acts (No Doubt playing 2015 for example) but I can't imagine Rockfest booking anything along the lines of Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, etc. just because the festival has a different image. Without considering the headliners, there are a lot of very heavy hardcore punk and metal bands at Rockfest (despised icon, cannibal corpse, dying fetus, etc.) that really wouldn't jive with pop-heavy artists.

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

Simple plan is doing two sold out shows in Chicago the end of march first day of April I don't see them playing riot fest plus I'm sure they will do over seas tours the rest of the year after their us run

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

Riot fest has heavy bands too.... I'm sure system of a down will be a headliner this year. They have someone big because presale early bird tixs jumped $20

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I was speaking in general. I think they're too poppy to ever do Riot Fest.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

17. xthisislove

Regular

One of the bands will be announced as dropping off in the next week or so

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Any reason why?

19. xthisislove

Regular

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Waterparks has dropped off all dates and is being replaced with Palaye Royale

21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

22. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

It sucks that Waterparks dropped, but Palaye Royale isn't bad. This is big for them.