Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte Release “40 oz. Dream” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2016.

1. The Format

Regular

Fun Fact - BFS did a decent cover of 1985 but SR-71 (that band who wrote 'right now') actually wrote the song.

Raku likes this.
  2. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

yes

3. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

i know this fact but always forget i know it until someone mentions it. such a good piece of trivia since a lot of people will recognize "right now" on its own merits

4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

wow! did not know that, thanks

5. The Format

Regular

Another good one that's under recognized ''Valerie'' from Amy Winehouse. It was originally written by the Zutons and is way better.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Ehh...They're both really good. I don't think one blows the other out of the water.

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Yes, I was listening on computer speakers, but my point was that the guitars sound washed out and very "Kohl's Friendly" more than anything else.

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I am actually curious what GC sounds like in 2016. Haven't listened to a song of theirs since I heard that "I don't want to be in love" song at some restaurant forever ago.

9. The Format

Regular

I think I heard this at PF Changs

10. Raku

Regular

Not to keep going against the grain (last time on AbsolutePunk I hated Makeshift Love) but I like this song. Sure it isn't anything special, and it's another one of those "We're getting old, let's look at the past because the past was so much better" songs but I like it. I also liked the easy listening style they have going on here...

(Plus compared to Makeshift Love, and some of their other songs I wouldn't be that embarrassed getting caught listening to this song)

FTank likes this.
  11. Fox83

Trusted

I'm pretty aware of SR-71 (at least more than most people these days), and I honestly didn't know this. I remember it being on their album that was only released in Japan and just assumed it was a cover. I'm surprised I didn't know the real story.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yuck. Makeshift Love was pretty good too.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Song is super catchy. Don't care that the lyrics are incredibly cheeseball, I'm not listening to Good Charlotte for deep lyricism.

chickenlover likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Link doesnt work.

16. pbueddi

Trusted

They premiered it on hot topic's website. Its been kind of finicky

17. Raku

Regular

That was an interesting choice for a video... Personally I don't think it matches up with the song at all (especially if you pay attention to the lyrics). Still a fun video.

I prefer the lyric video despite its annoying sound effects.

18. pbueddi

Trusted

yeah. i thought the lyric video was actually pretty cool.

19. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

I like it. Catchy.

Raku likes this.