Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Charlotte – Generation Rx tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cricketandclover, Jul 9, 2018.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The PTV record did not sell anywhere near what they were expecting and ... well, they're not touring right now for ... reasons.

2. DonnyFTW

Regular

Wish Ronnie Radke would follow suit.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, but Ronnie IS Falling In Reverse, and he didn't become a household name in the scene depite being an awful person, FIR rose to popularity because he was an awful person.

4. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

It debuted at number four. Wtf did you think they expected? Number one with 400,000 copies sold in the first week?

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They were looking for a Future Hearts-sized number. All Time Low and them were roughly about the same size, give or take, in that time. To do 25,000 less than ATL was a disappointment.

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Fearless honestly saw it as another Top 10 debut in their catalog. They don't get a lot of those.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

SWS is literally my least favorite band, almost changing my mind about wanting to make the trip lol

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

There's a really cool BBQ restaurant right next to 20 Monroe in Grand Rapids I'm very much excited to try while SWS plays.

JaytotheGee and Cgarnsay like this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

You can be both happy with a top 10 debut and disappointed with its overall sales. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

10. natesmith083

Regular

Inside the B.O.B. I assume?
    Does 20 Monroe allow reentry? I still haven’t been there yet.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

Got my tickets for the Minneapolis show. Anyone been to Skyway Theater before?

12. Cgarnsay

Trusted

No reentry, yes it's in the Bob and the venue is set up nicely.

13. natesmith083

Regular

Anyone been to this yet? How’s the crowd for Knuckle Puck?

14. pbueddi

Trusted

going to the minneapolis show next tuesday. have to drive from wisconsin right away after work, so i might be a little late, but that's fine since i have no interest in either opening band.

15. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Decent-sized crowd for an opener. That being said you could walk right up to the stage more or less if you wanted to.

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

If the setlist is accurate on setlist.fm GC is only playing 2 songs off the new album, which seems super weird to me.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  17. Mtlman1331

Trusted

I think it’s just them being super aware of why people are going to see them in 2018

18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

And as someone who only would go for their newer stuff (cause let's be honest, 2002-2005 pop-punk was full of less-fun Blink-182 rip-offs) that's super dissapointing

19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I understand them being aware, but I feel like the two songs they play from the new album (that the tour is oddly named after) are the worst choices haha.

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Good Charlotte ripped off Blink?

Uh... that's a ridiculously lazy take.

DonnyFTW likes this.
  21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I mean I don't think GC were specifically, just all the pop punk bands were doing pop-punk worse than blink, and the whole scene was in autopilot. I mean I guess GC were doing the faux rap and turntablisms but that's it.

Eventually 2005 came around and pop-punk became unique again, but The Young & Hopeless lacked any kind of wit or attitude Blink/Fall Out Boy/Yellowcard had around the same time.

22. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Seems like someone is confusing their opinion for fact....

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Good Charlotte's first album (the one I assume you're referring to with the "faux rap" and "turntablisms") came out in 2000, just over a year after Enema popped ... and they were doing parts of that sound for at least two years before that.

Meanwhile, how did Yellowcard have attitude? OR wit?

I get that you're young, but you have a lot of context to fill in about this era of the music. And I don't think you're totally wrong about this, but the examples you're trying to use just don't fit. If you wanted to say Simple Plan were doing some of this stuff, sure.

24. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I was purely coming here to express an opinion. I'm just saying that as a younger fan of theres who doesn't have nostalgia-vision over everything, I prefer their newer stuff.

25. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I also wish they'd play more new stuff. You're not alone there.

heymattrick likes this.