Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Boys (Gene Stupnitsky, August 16, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Serh Mar 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll likely see this, but damn does that trailer do almost nothing to convince that there isn't gonna be much in here beyond the novelty of middle schoolers swearing and doing sub-Superbad shit

popdisaster00 likes this.
  3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Well alright

4. Yeah I'll wait for the reviews on this one

5. OotyPa

fall away

Loved Superbad. Neighbors is funny. Sausage Party is terrible but watching it stoned is fun. Pumped for this.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Not looking much better. Also, it's rarely a good sign when a trailer goes "From the PRODUCERS of ________"

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

This looks enjoyable enough to me. Currently sitting at a 78% on RT after 25 reviews.

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Looking forward to this.

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think just about every Rogen/Goldberg production has used that and most have been pretty decent, minus "Sausage Party."

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

About to see this, apparently it's a test screening, so it potentially won't be the best cut of the film. Guess i'll see

12. Serh Jul 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know if I'd call this good, but I definitely got some laughs out of it. Certainly not the most original movie out there. Kid who played Lucas made the movie for me. If that was a test screening, I'll consider seeing it again for the final version

Zilla and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I’m really excited to see this.

14. Serh Jul 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

You know what's funny? Not only did this movie and Booksmart have the same Run The Jewels song in their trailers (which are also in both of the movies as well), but both Will Forte and Molly Gordon play a character in each film. Small world

JRGComedy, Zilla and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like that RTJ song has been in soooo many trailers haha

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I blame “Baby Driver.”

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I really don't want to picture a bag of dicks

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Think I'll pass on another trailer. I'm worried all the good jokes will be in the trailers.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

A LOT more cities just opened up if any of you are still hoping to catch this in two days! Looks like you can still get a pass if you don't live in Canada

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

im looking forward to this

333 GANG likes this.
  23. Serh Aug 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Saw this again, theater seemed to be really into it. It's a soft recommendation from me. I didn't like how some things in there felt very first draft, but the ineffible charms of the the three kids should win people over. Loved seeing the musical montage again. Honestly, I'm just glad I have another comedy that succeeded in making me laugh quite a bit

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that first half or so felt like an assault of hit-or-miss jokes, like it had to come out of the gate hot. The editing was super hyper. I liked it when it finally settled in about the time of the frat house stuff. Loved the leads.

It’s funny how much this has in common with “Booksmart,” from two actors from it to the Run The Jewels song to the kind-of PC school stuff.

25. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This is ok, few good laughs, worth a beer and Unlimited/A-List viewing.