Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goo Goo Dolls "Dizzy Up The Girl" 20th Anniversary Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 9, 2018.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Gutterflower was their last great album.

Dizzy is great because it has a ton of the big pop songs but is still pretty raw – like the end of "All Eyes On Me" where the strings come in over the real loose drum fills.

2. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I'm so excited for this! I've never seen them before and this is the perfect opportunity. Dizzy is not my favorite GGD album but it is the most like well-known and nostalgic and the venue they're playing in Seattle is great--gonna be awesome.

3. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Anybody got any pre-sale info on this?

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The setlist for this tour is absolutely unreal. I'm excited beyond words for my date in 10 days!

Does anyone know who the opener(s) is/are? I can't seem to find that information anywhere

bachna84 and Me & My Arrow like this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

No openers.

Larry David likes this.
  6. marissalg

Trusted

Uhhh did they do the weird screen thing in between the end of Dizzy and the rest of the set at other dates?

young&menace and Larry David like this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

My tour date got cancelled tonight and I'm pretty gutted about it.

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Oh noooooooooo. Show was really great.

9. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Damn, i'm seeing them tomorrow in Chicago. I hope everything will be good by then.

10. Craig Manning

They rescheduled their Detroit show (was supposed to be Tuesday) for tonight, and that’s supposedly still on. We just got straight cancelled in Grand Rapids. So I’m assuming tomorrow will be fine, but I think Johnny is sick, so I’d keep an eye on Twitter just to be safe. They pulled the show like 10 minutes before doors on Tuesday night, so a bunch of people were upset because they’d made long drives and stuff.

11. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

Fuck. I'm really sad I missed this tour.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah he was like, violently sick. Throwing up and everything. They called it pretty last minute.

13. Craig Manning

Yikes. Hope he's feeling better. They haven't cancelled tonight yet, as far as I know. Pretty bummed about last night, but what can you do?

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, Grand Rapids was cancelled and Detroit was postponed to tonight. Really hope they come back to GR very soon. I wasn't able to do last night anyway, so it'd be awesome if they could make it work and still play the album in full.

15. Craig Manning

Seems unlikely, since they automatically initiated refunds across the board. I think if they were going to reschedule a full-album date there, they would at least give people the choice of keeping their tickets.

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Ok

17. Such a fun show!

When I was leaving (I left after they played “Name” in the encore) a couple was just coming in... they were like “haha we’re late to the party!” and the ticket lady was like “you know that the show’s just about over right?” And the couple both said “wait, really?” and were really confused.

Who shows up to a concert 3 hours late?! At least they got to see maybe 3 deep cuts! Haha...

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I just won tickets to this!

Larry David likes this.
  19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

why’d you leave before it was over?!?!

GEM37 and Larry David like this.